midi drop out

Discuss all Sequel related topics.

midi drop out

Postby leo tolstoy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:19 pm

now that i know that Midi drop on S3 out isn't my system but seems as thought its a s3 bug - are we going to get a fix - or could i get some advice on how to stop this happening - I have 10 tracks waiting to go to be mastered and they need to be right! Help please Steinberg
leo tolstoy

Re: midi drop out

Postby rkabz54 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:11 pm

I'll let you know in advance that Steinberg are going to tell you to get in touch with support at your 'local distributor'. Then you probably will not find your support site listed on the Steinberg site. You, like others, will then post on this forum saying that you can't find it and Steinberg will send you a PM to a link (if your lucky). At least you could then send your project to this person and get them to mess around with it, find nothing wrong, then send you an audio export to listen to that you will find dropouts in (because you know what to listen for), then you will send them a list of where the dropouts are, then they will believe you, forward the project on to Steinberg Engineers, who will then not be able to find the problem.........I have already gone down this path and I am still waiting for a resolution. At least you have my support, and I have yours now......;).......
rkabz54

Postby leo tolstoy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:54 pm

What country are you in?

Thanks - for the advice, depressing as it is. I always thought Midi drop outs where something to do with my system until i read your post.

I''ve been using sequel since the beginning - 4 years or so. Its a poor show if Sb still haven't bothered to sort it out.

Such a shame Sequel is a great product bar the bugs - another bug is, my transport bar never returns to the beginning of a track i always have to do it by dragging it myself.i

c'mon Sb sort this out I've been a loyal customer for 4 years this wouldn't be allowed to happen with other products why this one?
leo tolstoy

Postby rkabz54 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:38 pm

I'm in Australia.
rkabz54

Postby leo tolstoy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:21 am

Hello anyone from SB read this - waiting to get 10 tracks mastered and have midi drop out can you advise on what to do please?

thanks in anticipation
leo tolstoy

Postby rkabz54 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:56 am

I'm still waiting for a fix. Remember - four different PC's with a clean install all with the same problem..........been in touch with my Yamaha rep in Australia, he found the same issue with one of my projects I sent him. I believe Steinberg engineers have it in hand but have found no problem. But there is one and it needs fixing!!!! Please Steinberg.
rkabz54

Postby rkabz54 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:10 pm

Hello Steinberg................are you there..................do you care about your users????? I am also waiting for a fix for this problem.
rkabz54

Postby leo tolstoy » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:37 am

Sad to say that Steinberg staff do not seem overly bothered about helping Sequel users.

If you look at the response time and support for other more expensive products there is a huge difference them and those of S3 users. In economic terms we are just not as important. :|

S3 does have BUGS and Sb don't seem to bothered with helping us to sort them out. It amounts to poor customer service. If I didn't like the product so much i would not have stuck with SB - I'd look elsewhere but truth be told, aside from bugs S3 is a brilliant product.
leo tolstoy

Return to Sequel