Good advice if you thinking on build DAW computer yourself!

I have found this thread just a couple of days after assembling my new DAW. I seem to have mostly agreed with the OP in the choice of suppliers and specifically the build (so far) is:
Motherboard - ASUS H87-Pro this is a simple no frills Intel H-87 chip board with no overclocking
CPU - Intel i7-4771 a 3.5Ghz four core
CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U14S
RAM - Corsair Vengance CMZ16GX3M2A1600C9 ~ 16GB DDR3 1600Mb in two sticks
SDD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
HDD - Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU - Seasonic X series SS-650 KM fully modular

All wrapped up in my old Llian Li 1000B aluminium case which was previously home to my last DAW powered by Pentium P4 and Windows XP. So, although this build accords the OP’s suggestions, it does show a build maybe towards the lower end of the spectrum as I am very much a hobby user, currently running 6.5. I am experimenting with Windows 8.1 and am focusing on getting the basic system integrated to see how much I can do within Cubase using the Acer T232HL touchscreen monitor currently connected to the DVI output from the Intel integrated graphics. The H87 chipset provides SATA 3 ~ 6Gb/s for the SSD and USB3 which is needed for the touchscreen. My current choice of a video card is likely to be a Sapphire Ati Radeon HD7750 Ultimate, so a departure there from the OP, as currently Radeon looks to be better than similarly priced nVidea and Sapphire instead of ASUS! I think this demonstrates that you do need to look closely at component choice and the core list is a great jumping off point both to select your own components from or to compare others to.

Just tinkering is seeing core temperatures of 25 degrees C (in 20 ambient) and about 400rpm on the 140mm CPU fan. There are no other fans in the box and so, as you can imagine it is virtually silent. Only other component is a cheap Samsung optical drive to load software. Happy to report on future progress and performance if anybody is interested.