Where do you click to focus the MixConsole?

MC as in Artist MC Control.
You can program windows key commands on the Artist MC for the touchscreen, (not just Cubase key commands) , you can name it what you want. I have this button in several locations on my custom touch screens to toggle window focus.
You can also program any combination of windows key commands, cubase commands and Eucon commands and even string them together for powerful macros.

Got it! I was thinking Mackie Control.

Yes I agree. 2 monitors is the ideal way of mixing. Very smooth.

For OSX that might be true, for Windows it’s a different story because the plugin editors hide behind the mix console when you focus on the mix console. Really annoying!

I agree but there are a lot of great features in the new console, enough for me to deal with the gymnastics involved.

I’m probably gaining more in terms of desk efficiency than I’m losing by the navigation.

But you would think that with all the squeezing and contracting we can do it wouldn’t be an issue, I guess that’s what they thought, but when you get into a mixer that has the channels squashed into an accordion, that, yeah asking too much.

As long as there are enough morons BUYING the updates/new versions, there will be no incentive to steinberg to fix these major bugs for free…

I’m not a long time user of cubase But I got allready a nasty taste in my mouth from this company…

But if no moron BUYS updates/new versions, the developers would have to work for free. Working for free doesn’t provide an incentive to fix major bugs.

So we should BUY updates and should NOT BUY updates. Outch! Help!

To my latest knowledge (correct me if I’m wrong?) we PAID about 550 euro for cubase 7 or 150 for the update. I don’t call that free…

I Use Workspaces, the key F3 or click on the border.

P9.

You talked about bug fixing for free, not about the non-controversial fact that we all paid for C7 / C7.5.

You implicitly stated the proposition: If one wants to get bugs fixed, one should increase the pressure by not buying any more products or updates from Steinberg. I personally think this is not constructive. Eventually, a company will not fix bugs but get bankrupt if no one pays for their products. Besides all this: They did fix bugs for free already.

Of course I would be happy to get a bug free product right from the start. Of course I know that this is only possible in utopia land.

Additionally, you called everyone a moron, who pays for new versions and updates. I paid for C7.

I don’t know if you can do the following on Windows, but what I do is enlarge the mix console to fill my screen (but not “full screen”) and set plug-in windows to “always on top”.

I bought the last few upgrades, and don’t consider myself a moron, nor my decision to do so moronic. In fact I consider it money well spent.

I fail to see what your post has to do with the topic of MixConsole focus.

I dont mind paying for little bug fixes… but paying for HUGE bug fixes that should’nt have been there in the first place when I bought C7 (yes I’m a moron too) that’s what I have a problem with. All of us have been beta testers for version 7. And now as a thank you (and still not fixed) we can buy version 7.5.

But like I said who gives a beep, we are all going to enjoy the new colour scheme in version 8!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

You probably use 1 monitor. Try to have a lot of plugins open on 3 monitors. And then suddenly poof they are all gone, and you have to click to get EACH plugin back on the screen again. Do this 50 times a day…

The we talk further oke…

^ I agree.

There are bugs, and then there are things that simply are not well thought out or diligently tested in house by real users. I can appreciate bug testing, I did a lil HTML back in the day. But error, quality testing, workflow… hard to have an excuse.

I use multiple monitors and have no problems with plugin visibility. Yes , they go behind the mixer, but it’s one click to sort that

You must like clicking a lot then. I just want to focus on producing music…

one click. F3

I believe this is just one of those things that either one feels it or doesn’t. Yes, it’s ‘one’ click. One thousand times a day.

If it doesn’t bug -you- cool, but please no eye rolling. For a certain group of people the current UI really is quite an inconvenience. I certainly work significantly slower in 7.5 than I did in 6.