Mix Console zoom override - YES WE CAN

I sympathize.

I used to call Mix-Console “Mix-Debacle”…

IMVHO, its looks are distracting. I’m not supposed to “look” at it. it should be utilitarian.

I absolutely agree. it is, as SOS’ columnist call it : “risible”…

Well, IMO “zoomable mixer” is simply Implausible (I’m being very gentle here, yes ?..).
Have you EVER seen a “Zoomable” REAL mixer ? I sure haven’t.

I have the feeling that this was a compromise, before we all land in 4K LCD soon. however, this ridiculous concept should be BANISHED. it causes so much trouble that its questionable merits fall apart against the problems it causes.

No. it is simply me happy to not (not ?) having to mistakenly zoom within the mixer.

Oh, unlike you, I think that cramming SO MUCH info (channel strips, inserts, sends, etc etc.) into SO LITTLE physical space (our LCDs) is HORRENDOUS. may I remind you that your LCD is NOT 6m wide/ 1.5m long as a real console.
it is 60 CENTIMETERS by 40 CENTIMETERS (roughly - on average). I have no idea how can someone cope with so much data : pixels…colors… animations… more pixels… more colors… and whatnot.

Someone over at Steinberg HQ should reality check himself, REALLY. this is basic human perception stuff… :unamused:
You have to understand that the human brain WASTES energy on such things. energy that should really be used to CREATE.