Does WaveLab allow crossfades on CDs?

Post questions and find answers on our latest WaveLab releases here.

Does WaveLab allow crossfades on CDs?

Postby Rotund » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:41 am

I use to use Samplitude for this.
It was very easy to adjust crossfades and add indexes to the timeline.
How does WaveLab address this?

Is it accomplished on the timeline or in a list editor?
Is there a limit to the crossfade time?
Can you freely place CD indexes anywhere once you have your timeline/crossfades setup?

Thanks for any info...
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Re: Does WaveLab allow crossfades on CDs?

Postby Arjan P » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:10 am

Rotund wrote:It was very easy to adjust crossfades and add indexes to the timeline.
How does WaveLab address this?
Is it accomplished on the timeline or in a list editor?
Is there a limit to the crossfade time?
Can you freely place CD indexes anywhere once you have your timeline/crossfades setup?

It is done on a timeline in an environment called the Montage, where you can also place CD-tracks on different tracks (and much, much more!). I don't think there is a limit on crossfade time - it would surprise me if there is. And CD-markers can be placed freely (in full Wavelab, that is). Also, Audio in Pauses is supported, which allows you to keep audio running between a track's end marker and the next track's start marker (live CDs for instance).
Just give the trial version a go!
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 8.5.10 | Cubase 6.5.5 / 7.5.30 | HALion Sonic 1.6.3 | Win7 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 ----- SoundByte Studio
Arjan P

Postby Jperkinski » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Yes, it's my understanding that Wavelab Elements doesn't allow to freely move the track ID for songs that overlap, but regular Wavelab 8 does.

You can adjust crossfades manually in a montage (CD layout mode) on the timeline by sliding regions on separate audio tracks/lanes, and you can also fine tune the clip placements or track marker placements in a list form by entering the times numerically if desired.

I recommend Wavelab for sure, I've found nothing better for sequencing/mastering on OSX.
Jperkinski

Postby Rotund » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:24 pm

Thanks guys.
Inboard:
Win7Pro 64Bit, i7 3770k, Gigabyte Z77-UHD5, 12gb Corsair (1600Mhz), Nuendo+Nek 6.5, Reaper 4.591, Studio One, Raydat, UAD X 2, UM-3EX, Glyph eSata Audio Drive, 6TB Storage, U-He ACE, Arturia Moog Modular & Jupiter8v, Korg Legacy (MS-20, MonoPoly, Wavestation), Portico 5043/5033.

Outboard:
AKG 414-B XLII (Matched Pair), AKG D 112, Neumann TLM-193, GrooveTubes GT-66, Shure SM-81 (Pair), Sennheiser e604 (3pack), SM-57 (Many), Beta SM-57, AT-3035, Many More, Panasonic DA-7, Event 20/20p, Alesis Monitor One, Philips MMS321 Multimedia Speakers, TLAudio, HHB, JoeMeek, dbx, Moog Model D, Nordlead 2, Korg MS2000, Triton Le, Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55, Sound Gizmo, Acoustic Drum Kit, Fender Stratocaster (USA), Ibanez EXSeries Bass, Laney VC-30.
Rotund

Postby Vocalpoint » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Arjan P wrote:And CD-markers can be placed freely (in full Wavelab, that is). Also, Audio in Pauses is supported, which allows you to keep audio running between a track's end marker and the next track's start marker (live CDs for instance).

I am again doing my once yearly "toe-dip" into the Montage - recently I woke up one day with the urge to create a few digital "mixtapes" for whatever reason...so I thought I would give WL a go on it.

All I have right now is a simple stereo montage with 2 "tracks" containing with 4 or 5 flac files alternating per track. I want to create a perfectly cross-faded old school digital mixtape - probably going to a CD or even one big MP3 file for use in my media players.

But for the life of me - I cannot figure out how to drop a CD track marker.

Appreciate any tips.

Cheers!

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada
Vocalpoint

Postby Arjan P » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Simple tip (though I'm sure there's a dedicated key shortcut): drop a generic marker with the 'Insert' key and then change it to CD splitmarker. This can also be done in the marker list for several at the same time.
--- "If anyone owes it all to Bach, it's God" - Emil Cioran ---
SOFT: (All 64 bit) | WaveLab 8.5.10 | Cubase 6.5.5 / 7.5.30 | HALion Sonic 1.6.3 | Win7 Pro - SoundCloud
HARD: i7-950 | Asus P6TD | 30GB | Tascam DM-3200 | DigiMax48 | Midisport 8x8 ----- SoundByte Studio
Arjan P

Postby pwhodges » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 am

I'm a mouse person - so I right-click at the position it's to go, just above the ruler, and select the required marker type from the menu that appears. Then if necessary slide it until it's accurately positioned.
pwhodges

Postby Vocalpoint » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:55 pm

pwhodges wrote:I'm a mouse person - so I right-click at the position it's to go, just above the ruler, and select the required marker type from the menu that appears. Then if necessary slide it until it's accurately positioned.

Coulda swore I was right clicking anywhere that I could and still no marker menu. Obviously I was clicking in the wrong place :)

VP
Bruce McDonald
Vocalpoint Studios
Calgary, AB Canada
Vocalpoint

Postby LutzR » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:07 pm

A save way is always to open the desired workspace specific tool window from the workspace tab. If you look for specific functions, this would be my first place to look...
Lutz
Wavelab 7.2 (32 bit)/ Windows 7 / Intel Core i7 / 3,5 GHz / 16 GB RAM / Algorithmix / Waves / PSP / Voxengo...
LutzR

Return to WaveLab 8 | WaveLab Elements 8