WAR

Crikey… wasn’t expecting this one to get political… though in hindsight… I guess the potential was certainly there!

I’ve been a bit slow getting back to this… was undergoing surgery a week ago today, and am now doing that miserable, painful and generally uncomfortable post-op thing! :neutral_face:

This is part of a personal, somewhat self-indulgent project, and out of that context this track is obviously subject to much speculation about it’s intent and my personal political views. Just to clarify… the presence and inclusion of Arabic sounds are really there to reflect the ambiance of where the most significant politically-motivated wars in recent times have been fought, which just so happens to be the Middle East. What’s interesting for me browsing through the comments, that out-of-context, some have clearly misinterpreted the presence of ‘Arabic ambience’ to somehow imply they are being stereotyped and portrayed here as the enemy. On the contrary. The intent in that regard it was one more to do with the innocents caught in the crossfire that have unwittingly become victims, and indeed a lyric in another song talks about that very thing.

Thanks for the feedback regarding mix and elements of the arrangement etc. I was never happy with the drums to be honest, I think I just got lazy, and they may well be the first thing I revisit and rethink. Other things mentioned, well I guess some falls under that general banner of ‘personal taste and preference’ as is often highlighted by polarized opinions! But at the end of the day like most, I’ll ultimately have to make my own judgement call. But regardless, I’ve taken it all on board and will certainly give your thoughts due consideration for sure.

Thanks, appreciated :sunglasses: