Halion 5 and Cubase 7.5

Hello,

Is there somebody that is undergoing problems with Cubase 7.5 and Halion 5 ?

The long loading time of Halion for example.

Plus the freezing of Cubase 7.5 when changing tracks and then back to Halion 5

With Cubase 7 it is ok ezept for the long loading time of Halion 5

FL studio 11 and Halion 5 works fine and loading times are short.

So conclusion Cubase 7.5 is the problem ?

Kind regards

Perhaps Halion’s media manager should have some control over what gets loaded. I certainly do not go into a project needing 10s of 1000s of sounds loaded. I keep getting this feeling that I want a slim version of H5, but not in the way Sonic is. More of a lite version that only cares about the programs that I’m currently dealing with. Not the behemoth that carries the kitchen sink around everywhere.

In fl studio 11 Halion works fine ! Why is it not working fine in Cubase 7.5 ?

I use Cubase 7.5 and Halion 5 extensively and never have an issue. HALion 5 is the ONLY vsti I use and it is pretty full of samples and programs, yet loading times are quite quick for me, so I am unsure what the issue is. My system is as in my sig, no slouch, but certainly not bleeding edge either.

I wish you the best of luck in getting it sorted and if I can help out, I certainly will try.

Very greatfull thanks !

@The long loading time of Halion for example.

Plus the freezing of Cubase 7.5 when changing tracks and then back to Halion 5@

I have same problems((( with C7.5

scarlatino can you try if some presets/patches in fx section are not loading ? (in cubase 7.06)

kind regards,

Wes

I have the same problem. It Works fine in C6.5. In 7.5 I have to use HS2 (at least I can use the sound library.)

I’m using C7.5 32bit on W7 64bit.

MW

Yes, HALion 5 (though I have the ‘trial’ version at the moment) takes around 2/3 minutes to open !!

Hi all,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are currently investigating this issue.

For now please try this and let me know if it helps:

1. First of all install the latest Cubase update (7.5.10)
    http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/downloads/downloads_cubase_75.html

2. Open Cubase and load HALion in the Instrument Rack.

3. Open the Remote Control Editor (right click on HALion in the rack)

4. Click on “Get Default Factory Layout” in the top right corner.

That’s it. The issue may be caused by a Remote Control Editor XML for HALion which was generated in C7.5.0.

Ok Cheers,

Will do.

Hi, I think that actually was it. I was already on 7.5.10 so I followed steps 2-4, and Halion 5 now seems to work properly in C 7.5.10.

Thanks!

MW

Hi MQ,

Having followed your kind instructions, are these settings then automatically SAVED ?? And do you only need to perform the action ONCE ??

I already had Artists C7.5.10 thanks.

In any case, Steinberg Support Request have instructed me to UNINSTALL my new purchases and to start over. And that if I am still experiencing issues they will help me. My Cubase has not been working properly for nearly 3 x weeks now !!

Paul

Thank you. I had the same Problem, and this works fine