MY new prog rock song

Being a Dream Theater fan I can definitely hear influences there. Overall I think it’s pretty cool. The guitar riffs are very tight rhytmically and the guitar has a nice sound too. I’d have really liked a Petrucci standard solo in there though. ;D

The thing that sounds very odd to me is just how incredibly dry the little interlude parts are with the piano and vocals. I like the actually harmonies on the those vocal parts but they sound really odd because of how dry they are. Sounds like a completely different mix to the main parts and for me it just doesn’t work solely because of that. The part at 3:05 sounds fine because the reverb sounds the same or close enough to the main sections. Other than that I thought the recording, mix and master all sound great. Though I would have liked the vocal harmony part to have built and progressed longer than it is currently to warrant it actually being there. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t understand the vocals of course ( ;D ) but I think the actual singing is good, notably a nice control over sustain and vibrato. Well done overall with the performances of the instruments and the mix/master.