[Poll] Would you like to see true Bounce-In-Place in Cubase?

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase 7 and Cubase Artist 7 can be posted here.

Would you like to see a true Bounce-In-Place function in Cubase?

Yes! Cubase needs a true Bounce-In-Place function built in
91%
No. I'd prefer no Bounce-In-Place function be built in
1%
I don't care. Bounce-In-Place is not an issue for me
6%
I have no idea what you are talking about
1%

Total votes : 352

Re: [Poll] Would you like to see true Bounce-In-Place in Cub

Postby bjones306 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:24 pm

As it is pretty clear that this is a feature we all want, what are the chances we will see this as an update to C7? I realize due to the demand that they would hold it for a money grab in C8, but I would much rather see this sooner than later. And yes, Bitwig's BIP seems to be the best route, but would it really be that hard to give us the option to......

A: Replace the highlighted portion of the track (Bitwig)
B: Create an adjacent audio track just below the selection
C: Place at the botom of the project.

Seems this would just be a matter of project placement, and having a selection option wouldn't be that hard to code. Just my 2 cents.....
Cubase 7.5 64bit -- Windows 8.1 64bit -- Intel I7 Ivy bridge -- Asus Sabertooth z77 MB -- 32 gig ddr3 ram -- 2x MR816csx -- Steinberg CC121 -- Radeon HD 6800 Series Video Card
bjones306

Postby Marsman » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:32 pm

bjones306 wrote:As it is pretty clear that this is a feature we all want, what are the chances we will see this as an update to C7? I realize due to the demand that they would hold it for a money grab in C8

yeah I think it is very unlikely they would put out a killer feature like this for free during the C7 lifecycle.
Fingers crossed though for C8. Multichannel VSTi bounce please, back and forth between MIDI and audio, just like S1 has
Nuendo 5.5.6 x64 + NEK, Windows 7 Professional x64
RME HDSP 9652, Dual Xeon 8-Core, Intel Chipset MB, Special Skills: Vanishing/Mind Manipulation
Marsman

Postby Steve Helstrip » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Little bump! Here's hoping for C8. ;-)
Mac Pro i7, 12Gb, OSX10.9 MacBook Pro i7, 4Gb, OSX10.9
Cubase 7.5.20
Vienna Ensemble Pro 5.

http://www.thethrillseekers.co.uk
http://www.twitter.com/stevehelstrip
http://www.facebook.com/thrillseekersofficial
Steve Helstrip

Postby AP » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 pm

It would be nice to have this in C8 :mrgreen: I've been bouncing a lot lately and sometimes working with an audio track of your midi is necessary 8-)
Cubase 7.5.20, 15" MacBook Pro i7, SSD, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.9.4 UR28M, CMC.
AP

Postby ggc » Sat Mar 22, 2014 4:58 am

Winterrats is good..

I prefer my macro

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=57147

Njoy)?!;):p
ggc

Postby Elien » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:25 pm

No, please implement RECORD button on every audio-type Track. Cheers, Ernst
Cubase 7.5.10 on Win 7 ultimate 64 Bit, Intel i7, 2x Matrox Graphics Card, 5 Monitors. RME RayDat. Presonus Firestudio, DigimaxFS, Art Tube Preamp, Line6 x3 pro, lexicon mx400, Headphone preamp, Digipatch Digital Patchbay, TCHelicon VoicePro. Yamaha HS80M plus Subwoofer, Behringer MS40. Euphonix MC Control V2; Euphonix MC Mix, AKai MPD18, Novation RemoteSL 61, Novation Zero SL MKII, Automap 4. Yamaha Motif XF8; Komplete 9 Ultimate, GPO, Garritan Jazz&Bigband, ARC System, Miroslav Philharmonic, Jamstix, Various Applied Accoustic Instruments, Melodyne
Elien

Postby jose7822 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:39 am

Steve Helstrip wrote:Little bump! Here's hoping for C8. ;-)

Yes, please! There's no way Steinberg can ignore such a wanted feature. I would be surprised if they did (not pleasantly surprised, of course).
ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'ed to 4GHz) | 32GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (2400MHz) | ASUS ATI Radeon HD7790 | Corsair H100i Water Cooler | Corsair HX850 PSU | Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64 bit | Cubase 7.5 64 bit | RME FireFace UCX | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
jose7822

Postby Elfen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:52 pm

Bitwig! I wish that the next Cubase add these kind of features. Make workflow so much easier and integrated.
Elfen

Postby giankam » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:13 am

In my opinion this si a BASIC feature that should already be in cubase 7
I7 3930k | Asus P9X79 | Fireface UFX | 16 GB | Win 7 64 | Cubase 7.5.20 64 | UAD OCTO | Asus GT 630 2GB
giankam

Postby lowfreak » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 pm

And Pubase just don't give a fart. This is the evidence of it.

Feature Request and Suggestion Forum.

Why don't they rename it "We'll program whatever we feel like, but give us some ideas, incase they match what we're going to release anyways, so we can later claim that we really listen to our customers in our forums".

It would make more sense.
lowfreak

Postby billcarroll » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:04 pm

lowfreak wrote:And Pubase just don't give a fart. This is the evidence of it.

Feature Request and Suggestion Forum.

Why don't they rename it "We'll program whatever we feel like, but give us some ideas, incase they match what we're going to release anyways, so we can later claim that we really listen to our customers in our forums".

It would make more sense.

Steinberg has a lot of very smart people working together to make an amazing piece of software. I'd like to think Steinberg is listening, especially given the clear support for this feature with 185 Replies and 8820 views so far, and 91% of the vote for "true Bounce-In-Place" in Cubase.

A true bounce in place feature set is one of the few things Cubase lacks at this point. Hopefully Steinberg sees what companies like Bitwig and Studio One are doing with bounce in place (MIDI to audio and back again) and even hybrid tracks.

Having more ways to creatively and quickly manipulate MIDI and audio is a good thing in my book.
billcarroll

Postby thiagogob » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Indeed. Like Studio One does. Simply and fast like that. Go and copy it. And please also an alternate version of the command with a batch function: something like: "Bounce selected midi clips to audio"(and import them into the project like audio tracks (but writing each track name on the clips bounced, if there more than a clip on a track it can be bounced like "Cellos-01, Cellos-02, etc" .) I tested Studio One but their video track is locked to the 0 time on the project, so it is still not so cool as cubase to write to picture, but if not for that video thing, i do love Cubase, but i almost changed.....
thiagogob

Postby Audiocave » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:02 am

...video track is locked to the 0 time

Not that it's relevant to the thread but just for sake of accuracy, it can be offset.
Audiocave

Postby Andros1983 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:10 pm

[Mod. Edit]

www.steinberg.net - Terms of use wrote:6. No shouting. Posting in ALL CAPITALS is considered bad form and the equivalent of shouting. Resist all temptation to use them, for there is a chance your post will be deleted or ignored by other members.
Andros1983

Postby marcblack30 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:12 pm

Here's a +1 for July :)
--Marc
marcblack30

Postby Freddie H » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:30 am

+1
-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Freddie H

Postby Centralmusic » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:39 pm

I think this result is surprisingly very marginal.

:mrgreen:
Centralmusic
Grand Senior Member

Postby GargoyleStudio » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:43 pm

Or editable freeze perhaps? Or an amalgamation of both somehow? E.g. I like the one click solution of Freeze but I really need to be able to keep editing my arrangement after a freeze.

Mike.
[Win7x64, Cb7.5]
GargoyleStudio

Postby Cole » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:01 am

Bounce in place would be more than welcomed. The import to project is such a buzz kill when things are getting good.
Cole

Postby TheNavigator » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:15 pm

I think the key here is that we will need to find a way to make the Steinberg marketing department see that such a thing can actually be advertised and sold.

It's not actually a "bells and whistles" feature the Cafe Latte sipping guys who have no grasp of neither music nor software like. Thats why we don't already have it.
Chris, The Navigator... Keyboards, songwriting, CTO and aspiring coproducer for Visions of Atlantis.

PC watercooling and overclocking afficionado.

Main device: Cubase 7.5 64 bit on Windows 8.1 (4930k @ 4.1 GHz, 32 GB of RAM, 3 SSDs), Halion 5, Padshop Pro, RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface, Avid Artist Control V2, Roland A88, AKG K701 headphones, lots of other nice stuff
Mobile cutlery: iPad Air 2, Cubasis (always the latest version), Audio Bus 2, Focusrite iTrack Dock, one or the other cheap USB MIDI keyboards

Favorite synthesizers: u-he DIVA, Padshop Pro, Halion 5

"Storms can't kill the faith in rainbows"
TheNavigator

Postby jose7822 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

If the comments in this thread and its poll are not evidence enough for Steinberg's marketing department, then there's no hope of ever getting Bounce in Place. The poll alone speaks for itself as to how marketable this feature is. We just need to wait till Cubase 8 to verify that they're really listening.
ASUS Maximus VI Hero | Intel Core i7 4770K (OC'ed to 4GHz) | 32GB of Corsair Dominator Platinum (2400MHz) | ASUS ATI Radeon HD7790 | Corsair H100i Water Cooler | Corsair HX850 PSU | Windows 7 Pro (SP1) 64 bit | Cubase 7.5 64 bit | RME FireFace UCX | UAD 2 Octo | UAD 2 Quad
jose7822

Postby TheNavigator » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:43 pm

But you have to understand that the Cafe Latte drinking people in marketing have no idea what we're talking about.

They know very well which colour of dresses are en vogue this summer, for sure. And which diet is hot to get fit for the beach. Oh, and which hairstyle is the latest thing from NY!!

But music software? A marketing person? :-D
Chris, The Navigator... Keyboards, songwriting, CTO and aspiring coproducer for Visions of Atlantis.

PC watercooling and overclocking afficionado.

Main device: Cubase 7.5 64 bit on Windows 8.1 (4930k @ 4.1 GHz, 32 GB of RAM, 3 SSDs), Halion 5, Padshop Pro, RME Hammerfall DSP + Multiface, Avid Artist Control V2, Roland A88, AKG K701 headphones, lots of other nice stuff
Mobile cutlery: iPad Air 2, Cubasis (always the latest version), Audio Bus 2, Focusrite iTrack Dock, one or the other cheap USB MIDI keyboards

Favorite synthesizers: u-he DIVA, Padshop Pro, Halion 5

"Storms can't kill the faith in rainbows"
TheNavigator

Postby jose7822 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:54 pm

You would think that the Marketing department of a software company would know a little about the product they're selling, but I understand your point of view. Sometimes it doesn't seem like they truly understand their customers, I know. But seeing things from their point of view, it's really impossible to please the entire customer base.

However, bounce in place seems like such an obviously wanted feature that it would be irresponsible of them not to give it high priority. And I'm not simply saying this because I want it, but because of the cheer number of votes for it. It's a no brainer. Then again, do marketing people have brains? jk :-P
jose7822

Postby estrica2000 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:24 pm

of course they do! and i could bet that it will be the cubase 8 highlight. Which will be payed for upgrade, will be buggy during some months or year :) so i can plan to be able to have bounce in place in 1 year and a half :)
estrica2000

Postby Wallengard » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:55 pm

+1

While I don't think it's a showstopper, I usually just freeze the track and have a pre-defined location in the Media Bay to the Project folder, I'd still rather use this in a hopefully not so distant future feature if it was available!
Manipulator of frequencies of vibrating energy
Wallengard

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Suggestions