Cubase 7.5.20

I know that feeling. But for me, I just want a stable system! Then I’ll stop with the tinkering!

Me, I am so happy to find back in this update the stereo rewire chanels, like in SX3. Thank you steinberg!! :mrgreen:

+1!
It is easy to become enamoured with the shiny objects and forget what they are for!
J.L.

I’m not sure how I wiggled out of owning the breakdance promise, but with name like “Majic,” it seems in good hands. :smiley:

Agreed. That said, if they add automation, I’ll be using it a ton (would be a great solution to “remixes”).

(Btw, as a trance head myself, it’s great to see you’re a Cubase user and active in the forums. Love your work.)

Untill you upgrade to the next version :laughing:

i hope to see the words gui handling in the list of solved issues :slight_smile:

I guess there are issues some have I haven’t encountered. Never the less improvements are always welcomed as long as they improve… Because 7.5 is working flawlessly for me. I will update with caution :slight_smile:

fixed 60 issues and made another 30 , i suppose at that rate they might have it 3/4’s fixed just as they release 8

Aloha Guys, I find this kinda ‘telling’.

Found in a Steinberg C7 read me file:
__

“Developing software is an ongoing process that perpetually gets closer to perfection
without ever achieving it”.

{‘-’}

I hope it reverts to the previous behavior in Key Edit whereby solo does not effect note selection.

Yeah the issues that get fixed I haven’t noticed them. But will it fix the plugins disappearing behind the mixer problem? This issue I have noticed a few hundred times. :smiling_imp:

Anyway thanks for the update, can’t complain about improvements.

That particular problem could take aeons to fix, as it would in essence require a 3rd (and hopefully final) re-write of the application before a new Metro interface is developed.

No, that doesn’t work for those of us on two screens or more! Most pro studios have two screens or even three.

Thanks for the tip, but my two screens are not the same size (I didn’t bought them at the same time and the last I bought is slightly bigger than the first one). I already tried to spread cubase between the two screens but it doesn’t feel right. Everything was working fine in cubase 6. Oh well, we need to be patient I guess.

Well, I always notice how much I’m dragging and placing windows when working in Cubase.
In my primary DAW I find it an absolute breeze to be able to maximize any window regardless on what screen it is and to keep windows open over the mixer and still be able to touch anything on that full screen mixer.

The full screen console was a selling point for Cubase 7 (and buying point for me).

That simply isn’t true for PC users. When I’m fine tuning dynamics and EQ of a particular track within a mix I constantly switch between plugin GUI’s and the mixer’s fader and solo/mute buttons.
So every time I change focus to check the mix or readjust, the GUI’s vanish behind the mixer and I have to click several times to bring them back.

That’s not my idea of: “quick in-place access to the parameters most relevant to the task”.

The worst thing is, support told me it won’t be fixed in 7.x.
I understand bugs happen and it will take some time to fix them, but leaving a crucial flaw like this untouched is presumptuous towards your customers.

It does work. (Windows XP or 7) I’m on Windows 7 64 bit Cubase 64 bit.

If you need help, there are several here who would help you. I use 4 screens (I must be really pro :laughing: ) and in the past have used them just like Rhino describes. Now I have switched so 2 screens are on “full mixer” mode and the Cubase “shell” is stretched over the other 2 screens. Link the mixers and the project page. Of the other 2 screens one is dedicated to the project and the other is split in half. The lower half is Mixer 3 that contains In’s Out’s Groups’ effect channels, and master out. The upper half I keep “blank” for opening and closing VST’s VSTI’s and editing midi/audio. The main thing is…it works for the way I work…up to the point where IMO the glaring issues are key commands, focus, and navigation issues, most of them in the mix console…the WORKFLOW things!

I suggest anyone new to multiple screens try them out like Rhino has described in prior posts at gearslutz, and then deviate from there if needed. Remember the options of AOT! Obviously everyone works differently, but based on the many complaints about this topic over the years, I have discovered what he does is not perfect, but often the most effective.

Actually I have noticed most commercial studios including some very well known ME’s using Wavelab keep things down to 1 screen.

Anyway if you need assistance, give is your specific issue. I have been using multiple screens with Cubase for at least the past 14 years and unless you have some specific problem this is not rocket science.