Decapatator

Let's hear what you have made using our products!

Decapatator

Postby polgara » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi there, here`s one i started about a year ago and never perused it any further than what it is ,i may have been inspired by a weekend trip to Whitby for the "goth weekend" last year .don`t know if it sounds a bit childish but anyway.
https://soundcloud.com/dedgehog/decapatator
polgara

Re: Decapatator

Postby shadowfax » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:59 pm

Like this a lot!! nice and raw..reminded me of quicksilver messenger service...enjoyed the unusual guitar work...

well done...Kevin
https://soundcloud.com/knmac ... https://knmac.bandcamp.com/... Cubase pro 8 64 bit on W7 intel i7-2700 CPU@3.50GHz, 2xSSD's..16GB ram, Yamaha N8, Genelec 8030BPM monitors Genelec 7050BPM bass bin...SPL track one pre amp, Shure KSM32 mic and a homemade soundbooth.
shadowfax

Postby polgara » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:23 pm

shadowfax wrote:Like this a lot!! nice and raw..reminded me of quicksilver messenger service...enjoyed the unusual guitar work...

well done...Kevin
thanks Kevin ,thanks for the luv it on soundcloud . the avatars you use, thats you init. :lol: ....quicksilver messenger service ,wow, they are definitely on sumit
polgara

Postby Digitalik Studio » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:28 pm

Good work man!
Digitalik Studio

Postby Neil B » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:38 pm

Ha, I'm off to Whitby for a week in May. Hope it inspires me to do some crisper mixes than usual.
Quite liked it & I'm not a heavy fan. My only criticism was that I wanted at least a few of the suspensions to be resolved. The hanging chord at the end of each loop - I just wanted one or 2 to have a resolving deeper chord before the next section now & again.
Not explaining myself very well, am I?
Liked it though.

Neil B
Neil B
Growing old is compulsory
Growing up is optional
https://soundcloud.com/neil-buxton/

Windows 7, 64 bit 16Gb, Intel i7-4770
Cubase 7.0 & 7.5, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 soundcard, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Omnisphere, Nexus, Vanguard, GPO, EWQLS Choirs, Kontakt 5, Kenton Kontrol Freak, Korg Nano Kontrol (1), M-Audio 88-es kybd, Camelspace, Vengeance VPS Glitch *witch* & VPS Philta XL, a shelf full of manuals and lots of other bits to try & make music with.
Neil B

Postby Early21 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:15 am

Yup, like it! Nice to hear a player here. As Kevin points out, great raw sound.
Cubase 6.0, Wavelab 6 Essential, HP PE i7950/Win7, Lenovo T61 Laptop/WinXP/ADS Pyro Express Card, MR816CSX
My album Incontinental Breakfast at lborden.bandcamp.com
Early21

Postby Makumbaria » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:50 am

Very cool! I loved the guitar riffs (and the guitar solo was very good too).

Congratulations!
Cubase 7.5.30 / 6.5.5 / CMC-TP/CH/AI/QC / Halion Sonic 1.6.3 / Padshop Pro 1.1.0 / HSO 1.0.1 / The Grand SE 3.1
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bits/ i7 3630QM / 2.4Ghz / 16 GB & i7 950 / 3.06Ghz / 8GB RAM / M-audio Fast Track Pro

Ivory II Italian Grand / Addictive drums & Keys / GPO / Alicia Keys Piano / Abbey Road Modern Drums / Ezdrummer / Sampletank / Miroslav Philharmonik CE / VSL / POD Farm / Amplitube / Kuassa Creme & One / TH2 / PSP Audioware / Nugen Audio Visualizer / Voxengo Redunoise / Slate Digital / Wave Arts / Waves V9 / Softube / Toneboosters EBULoudness
Makumbaria

Postby polgara » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:20 pm

Neil B wrote:Ha, I'm off to Whitby for a week in May. Hope it inspires me to do some crisper mixes than usual.
Quite liked it & I'm not a heavy fan. My only criticism was that I wanted at least a few of the suspensions to be resolved. The hanging chord at the end of each loop - I just wanted one or 2 to have a resolving deeper chord before the next section now & again.
Not explaining myself very well, am I?
Liked it though.

Neil B
Thanks for the listen glad you liked it ,you`d have to post an example of how you would alter the chords so i could hear what you mean ,i don`t mind how it is at the moment with the tension .Hope the weather is good for you at Whitby,it`s always windy and cold when i go. Careful if you go walking on the cliff top, the path looks like it could drop in the sea any minute and it`s a long drop,but it`s all good fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.Splatt!!!! :roll: soz about that

Early21 wrote:Yup, like it! Nice to hear a player here. As Kevin points out, great raw sound.
thanks Early, i think on that one i used the cubase vst amp rack .cheers

Makumbaria wrote:Very cool! I loved the guitar riffs (and the guitar solo was very good too).

Congratulations!
thanks Makumbaria, glad you liked it.cheers man
polgara

Return to Made with Steinberg