osx direct monitoring

Hi, is it any possibility to have a direct monitoring under OSX? I love the cue idea in N6 but without direct monitoring you can not use it with larger projects. Do you have any idea how to resolve this problem without buying vendor equipment?

Not sure what you mean by buying vendor equipment, but as you probably know only Steinberg hardware can access direct monitoring in Cubendo OSX. I really don’t know how or why that is, goodness knows it’s been long enough (about 10 years) that you would think someone would have worked it out…

Me, I used hardware foldback (when I still had an analogue mixer) and then went to DSP monitoring on the RME card (Totalmix) and haven’t looked back. Even if DM suddenly became available now, I’m not sure I would use it, I now prefer the workflow and flexibility of Totalmix.

Thanks for the reply and please don’t take this letter below personally. most of this questions are directed to Steinberg team, but guys… no injuries. I really love your products but there is some… bugs in there.

My question was little tricky… because the funniest think is that for over 10 years Steinberg didn’t done anything with this problem and my question is why?.. I know, osx don’t have a ASIO it works on core audio bla, bla, bla, bla… I’m very deeply aware.
A few yers ago I worked on win platform also with amateur audio interfaces and I loved “that” solution not only to make a cue for somebody - it’s very, very important when you want be on the beat.

I’m working also on RME and I’m doing it exactly like you, but in my opinion it’s misunderstanding - it’s take a long time with crossing, switching to another window, changing buffer size, turning off delay compensation etc.

Why we can’t use our “great” platform properly? why?..Are they for free? If it’s possible with Steinberg hardware why it’s no possible with other companies?
I don’t think that apple will do something with this matter:) Is it really so complicated?
Maybe Steiberg should make very small interface only with four phones preamp with extremely low jitter witch we can aggregate with professional audio systems and use direct monitoring solution on OSX ?

Best
Damian

So… nobody else want’s to have direct monitoring under OSX?..

On OS X, some audio interfaces, through their own drivers/control software, allow for direct monitoring. Case in point, you can configure a direct monitoring setup with Metric Halo’s MIO Console software that controls their various audio interfaces.

Sure I do!
But I also want to drink a beer with Johnny Thunders. And I don’t see THAT happening anytime soon either… :wink:

Aloha b,

I am a lil bit confused (which is my normal state) but

You said:

Do you have any idea how to resolve this problem without buying vendor equipment?

And later you posted:

Maybe Steiberg should make very small interface only with four phones preamp with extremely low jitter witch we can aggregate with professional audio systems and use direct monitoring solution on OSX ?

???
{‘-’}

Aloha would you like add something to this discussion or just add a post…?
after over one year S resolve problem with AAF import, and that was much difficult so maybe finally it’s a time to resolve this subject after almost 10 years?
Do you guys really believe it’s impossible? over 4 version of windows it’s work perfectly so…why with protools and pyramix you don’t have a this stupid problems?
Do you really believe that is a osx problem? it’s open platform and it’s only cubendo problem that you can’t mark this small box. Not osx ssl, rme, antelope etc. Is steinberg pay you for this posts? Come one if we collect every mac users from this forum maybe stein berg will do that for regular clients like with AAF.

Because you have to buy their hardware to make it work.
The Direct Monitoring is done on the hardware DSP.

Fredo

Fredo what do you propose? witch hardware? I was trying also yamaha m Lan (this same company) fw connection and it’s don’t work. so… witch hardware do you propose to make an aggregate with bigger systems or with system do you propose to have a direct monitoring?

Damian

companies like RME have own dsp direct monitoring system but we can’t use it with cubendo why?

See this thread:

Fredo

and we really can make an aggregate with another systems and have direct monitoring?