N 6.0.7 64 bit crashing on exit

Yes, you are not alone… Antonio Escobar noted this early on.

Rolling back to the previous EuCon driver means that the jog wheel doesn’t work for horizontal sizing outside of the Arrange window.

Chewy

:frowning: So, waiting for the update from the Steinberg side? Or Avid?

That is a mystery yet unanswered by either Avid or Steinberg.

Chewy

We also have 3 Win 7 workstations that crash on exit of N6.

I’ve been having this problem for months - even using 32 bit version. I thought it might have been my old MacPro but I’ve just invested in a new MacPro 2013 and the same thing happens. You shouldn’t have to revert to ‘force quit’ on applications that cost this much money. Steinberg and Avid should really sort this out.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but you’ve got a new mac pro for Nuendo?
I’m building a place for a colleague and we consider this machine. Does it work well for audio?

Ollie

Sorry Ollie - I responded to this post when I searched for Eucon issues - I don’t run Nuendo only Cubase 7.5.
I do run a second MacPro 2013 with ProTools and so far it’s working well.
Douglas

Fredo,
I think I have the old Eucon Adapter but can you confirm the version number? The WS requires an AVID update at this time?

Ollie,
Anything with an i7 in it really is enough. I wish I had one at home. N6 is eager to use whatever cycles you can afford. It makes even large mix templates disappear. I know some people have managed to get sessions up to 700 tracks without issues (with VST3).

Just a little OT though.

This crash isn’t mission critical but I am catching a little flack from mixers as they see it as an issue with the room or gear we provide. It does mar the professionalism of a session to see that kind of behaviour on quit. I am sure they are working on some sort of solution. I fear that the ball is in Avid’s court and might stick there a while.

We are currently working on this issue and possibly found a fix for the crash on exit. I am not sure which version this fix will be included in though as there hasn’t been a decision yet.

This is good news. Thank you, Ed. (Sooner than later would be good!) :slight_smile:

Chewy

This not-assumed bug has been fixed (and not reported) in the last Cubase update, 7.5.20.

Best,

Antonio.

Does that include Nuendo?

The bug is still in Nuendo. By the way, I found a way to avoid crashes.

It works this way: remove the surfaces in the EuCon panel before quiting Nuendo. I even have a script for that, made using Sikuli.

Hi Guy’s

I’ve been having the same problem and it does appear to be the EuconAdaptor in Nuendo.

I’ve been in touch with the Nuendo Support Team in the UK and this is the reply:

“Steinberg have realised that there is a problem/bug, so this has been fixed.
But there is one problem, this will not be fixed until Nuendo 6.5.30 has been released.
Hopefully this will be released soon, but this will cure the issue.”

So hopefully out next week then :smiley:

Regards

Ian

According Nuendo 6.5? - #144 by Oliver.Lucas - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums will be released on the end of Q2

Who are they then? The Pro user support team were all fired a few years back…?

Ugh! I dreaded becoming part of this thread as I have been lucky to not have a crashing Nuendo in my old system. BUT, here I am with my brand spanking new PC. I’m running W8.1, brand new asus z87 deluxe with an i7 processor, 3 SSDs etc…and all I can say is FML. Nuendo is crashing on exit and to add to it, will not ‘end task’ when I go to Task Manager to end it. I don’t have a Eucon. I wish I hadn’t gone to N6, as N5 had no major issues for me. I invested a lot of money and have lost my confidence. I have a big client coming tomorrow and sure as hell, will be losing a big client tomorrow; along with my dignity.

I JUST WANT TO CREATE SOME MUSIC

Do you have novation automap?

If the answer is yes uninstall automap and all the wrapped plugins manually, check it and if everything works as expected try to install latest automap version.

Best.

Hi Redleicester

It appears Nuendo Support is now supported by Yamaha here in the UK and not Steinberg Germany. I found that out from the support guy’s at Steinberg when I contacted them regarding this issue. If you look for the support contact numbers they’re listed there.

Regards

Iburwell

I hope you have better luck than me with Yamaha