Cubase 7.5.20

I look very forward to this !!! I really wish for more tight midi especially using VSTi to route midi signals and be tight for very fast beats

5.5.20 so good news… thanks for listening to us SB!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ps I bet most of the fixes are related to Windows, but other wise 7.5 is so stable I cannot come here and compain too much cus busy mixing music><

Timing-wise, for audio, Cubase should be sample accurate at whatever sample rate it’s running at and would null-test, no?

For MIDI, internally, it’s something outrageously high like 1920 PPQN, since like the late 90’s at least, I think. Automation, as well.

I think the only “timing” thing (not really a timing thing), and that plagues all modern DAWs, is the whole VSTs rendering slightly different each time, which is why a lot of producers bounce to audio (and why Cubase’s missing “Bounce In Place” feature continues to be high on the wish list). This is an issue inherent with most plugins, themselves.

Describe more of your timing problems, I bet it’s a non-cubase issue (DPC latency checker issue, perhaps). I bet it’s VST multi-rendering (or freezing) phase issues.

Try printing those tracks to audio and I bet the issue goes away. Or, try triggering raw samples via MIDI without any effects, I bet it nulls consistently.

in any test i’ve ran, vst plugins always render 1:1*, and pass the null test. unless of course there is some random element explicitly introduced in the code of the given plugin, so as to approximate some typical behaviour of a hardware box it’s trying to imitate, and so on.

*this however only applies when running the test using the same buffer-size of your audio interface. things will often sound different on higher buffer sizes, and rapid automation changes especially will impact the resulting signal, as the automation becomes ‘slower’ with higher buffer-sizes.

I’m not sure a person can be a “pro studio”. Don’t think a thousand screens will help. Just saying … :laughing:

Seriously though. You say here that you CAN touch the MixConsole (ie make volume change) and still have VST’s always on top? (not disappearing behind the mixer). Please explain more! I’m sure that the forum users are interested in your fix, because no one else got this working - not even Steinberg! :ugeek:

DPC Latency checker supposedly doesn’t work on Windows 8 but I got 1000us, so is that a good score?

7.07 is very stable for me, I just don’t appreciate how solo and key edit correspond.

VST rendering is only good for real-time audio, a “bounce in place” feature would really only help with production.

You say here that you CAN touch the MixConsole (ie make volume change) and still have VST’s always on top? (not disappearing behind the mixer). Please explain more!

It’s been explained twice in this thread already in answer to you…what bit of it don’t you understand??

Wow, some people just LOVE to misunderstand. :wink:
I’m sorry but you can’t have VST plugins always on top of the MixConsole in Cubase 7.5. You are talking about leaving parts of the screen blank. That is not a solution, sure it’s sort of a workaround if you keep the MixConsole GUI really tiny and minimize all insert chains etc. I guess Rhino is talking about the same thing here.

The thing is that the new MixConsole is LARGE and it needs to take the most part of one the screens. It doesn’t matter if we set it to full screen mode or not - VST plugins WILL disappear behind the mixer when you touch the mixer!

One other thing: Cubase doesn’t have a key command for “set focus”, so alot of Key Commands doesn’t work when you have your VST plugin in focus and then want to change something in the MixConsole with a key command. Sure, I can get a third screen, but I’m not an elite professional with a large studio so I don’t have the space. :laughing:

I have also been using Cubase for 14 years (started with Cubase VST32). But we are talking about Cubase 7.5 here, right? Maybe you haven’t notied that the MixConsole is a bit larger than the old mixer so leaving empty screen space is not an option for us that only have standard 24" screens and still wants the MixConsole to show its potentional.

Sample accurate automation.

Batch Export update - busses are null and void when using batch export.

@JalcidePro
I really like your stuff, man…!

Thanks!

New / finished stuff in the works. A day job and a new DAW-only PC build keep getting in the way of actual music. :smiley: Well, that and the Waves v9r14 bug that decided it didn’t want to play nice with Cubase (that v9r15 fixed).

I swear, if 7.5.20 is stable for my configuration – that’s it. No more upgrading ANYTHING until new music is completed. Only a computer dedicated to being a DAW can realistically do this, for me anyway.

I think you want it under 1000; preferably under 500. It’s been a while since I did the test, but I think mine was well below that bottom chart line (500). shrug

Sample accurate automation… for me, this is probably my #1 request… i’d give anything for sample accurate automation!.. do any sequencers have it though?

1000uS is probably ok for what I am doing (MIDI playback of VST and rendering of virtual instruments) but for recording I’d probably need faster hardware.

AMD A10-5800K.

No problem here.

By the time I get going with my productions (adding vocals etc) bounce in place will be a reality one would expect since it might be a great money spinner for SB and thus provide a fully transparent work flow.

In the mean time, I’d really enjoy a revamped batch export that allows independent naming of stems and an FTP upload to boot.

The “upper half blank” means just empty space INSIDE the cubase “shell.”

Based on what you just wrote you are not understanding at all. There is no minimizing involved.

There are lots of people working the way we do with multiple screens. For you to say “it doesn’t work” means you either have a unique issue with your application or, most likely you don’t understand the general set-up Rhino or myself has attempted to explain. First, are you sure your mix console is NOT set to AOT when its NOT in full screen mode?

Remember to select your VST’s to AOT.

You can’t have VST plugs stay always on top (AOT) …ONLY…if you are using the mix console in full screen or the mix console is set to AOT. Get out of full screen mode and read Rhinos explanation again. The bug people here and Gearslutz have been addressing is with mix console full screen, then indeed it will hide the VST as soon as you focus the mix console…but only in full screen mode, or with the AOT selected.

Once your mix console is out of full screen mode, make sure the mix console is NOT set to AOT. In windows you can tell the difference because the “shell” looks more square with AOT, and more rounded with AOT unselected.

Once your mix console is not set to AOT you can keep VST’s on top of the mix console. Click on the mix console, and the VST’s will stay on top in plain view. You can obviously stretch the mix console almost as large as you did with it in full screen mode except now it will have a “shell” around it.

As Rhino and many others have mentioned there are numerous issues with navigation/focus/key commands when dealing with the mix console.

Remember if you have things set up the way he explained, you can always use ctr+tab to cycle through all those things like multiple mix consoles, VST’s , project page, etc. ctr+tab will NOT work when mix console is in full screen mode. Also remember there is a key command to instantly focus the project page.

I too used VST32 which IMO was better than the following Cubase SX series simply because the Cubase-Wavelab integration was lost with Cubase SX due to introducing multiple undo’s.

I’m on Cubase7.5 with the endless pursuit of making workflow as good as it was in 6.5, but failing miserably because of multiple issues mentioned repeatedly over multiple months in this forum and at Gearslutz.

Any further elaboration about the above sentence and there is a risk of a moderator deleting threads, posts, ban’s blah blah blah. Anyway, review Rhinos post about stretching the Cubase “shell” over all of your screens. It will work, unless you have a specific problem or we are not making ourselves clear.

Ok, sorry guys, now I understand what you guys mean. :blush:
Unfortunately I have different resolutions/sizes on my screens, so that’s why I haven’t been able to try it that way. Thanks for the explanation.

Hi Rhino!

Would you happen to have any advice for a single screen user … would it be to drag the Cubase window big, then drag the mixer window big, neither one being “maximized” using the Windows button?

Does C7 have the ability to store “Workspaces” I think they were called in C6.5 so that I don’t have to do all this dragging every time I open a new project?

Thanks!