Cubase 7.5.20

1000uS is probably ok for what I am doing (MIDI playback of VST and rendering of virtual instruments) but for recording I’d probably need faster hardware.

AMD A10-5800K.

No problem here.

By the time I get going with my productions (adding vocals etc) bounce in place will be a reality one would expect since it might be a great money spinner for SB and thus provide a fully transparent work flow.

In the mean time, I’d really enjoy a revamped batch export that allows independent naming of stems and an FTP upload to boot.

The “upper half blank” means just empty space INSIDE the cubase “shell.”

Based on what you just wrote you are not understanding at all. There is no minimizing involved.

There are lots of people working the way we do with multiple screens. For you to say “it doesn’t work” means you either have a unique issue with your application or, most likely you don’t understand the general set-up Rhino or myself has attempted to explain. First, are you sure your mix console is NOT set to AOT when its NOT in full screen mode?

Remember to select your VST’s to AOT.

You can’t have VST plugs stay always on top (AOT) …ONLY…if you are using the mix console in full screen or the mix console is set to AOT. Get out of full screen mode and read Rhinos explanation again. The bug people here and Gearslutz have been addressing is with mix console full screen, then indeed it will hide the VST as soon as you focus the mix console…but only in full screen mode, or with the AOT selected.

Once your mix console is out of full screen mode, make sure the mix console is NOT set to AOT. In windows you can tell the difference because the “shell” looks more square with AOT, and more rounded with AOT unselected.

Once your mix console is not set to AOT you can keep VST’s on top of the mix console. Click on the mix console, and the VST’s will stay on top in plain view. You can obviously stretch the mix console almost as large as you did with it in full screen mode except now it will have a “shell” around it.

As Rhino and many others have mentioned there are numerous issues with navigation/focus/key commands when dealing with the mix console.

Remember if you have things set up the way he explained, you can always use ctr+tab to cycle through all those things like multiple mix consoles, VST’s , project page, etc. ctr+tab will NOT work when mix console is in full screen mode. Also remember there is a key command to instantly focus the project page.

I too used VST32 which IMO was better than the following Cubase SX series simply because the Cubase-Wavelab integration was lost with Cubase SX due to introducing multiple undo’s.

I’m on Cubase7.5 with the endless pursuit of making workflow as good as it was in 6.5, but failing miserably because of multiple issues mentioned repeatedly over multiple months in this forum and at Gearslutz.

Any further elaboration about the above sentence and there is a risk of a moderator deleting threads, posts, ban’s blah blah blah. Anyway, review Rhinos post about stretching the Cubase “shell” over all of your screens. It will work, unless you have a specific problem or we are not making ourselves clear.

Ok, sorry guys, now I understand what you guys mean. :blush:
Unfortunately I have different resolutions/sizes on my screens, so that’s why I haven’t been able to try it that way. Thanks for the explanation.

Hi Rhino!

Would you happen to have any advice for a single screen user … would it be to drag the Cubase window big, then drag the mixer window big, neither one being “maximized” using the Windows button?

Does C7 have the ability to store “Workspaces” I think they were called in C6.5 so that I don’t have to do all this dragging every time I open a new project?

Thanks!

All of you Windows users that can’t live with the ‘plug-in hiding behind mixer’ problem, switch to Mac! No such problem here :stuck_out_tongue:

I always knew Macs were better!

I’ll get some popcorn, and a seat to watch from a safe distance. :laughing:

Sincerely yours. Mr Apple MacJerkoff :ugeek:

LOL. I asked for that!

With VEP offloading much of the workload, one would think a crash would be rare.

Is VEP working well, otherwise? I’m thinking of taking the plunge.

Only because the hardware is properly speced.

I hope they have improved the configurations in the mixer to take ZOOM into account cause as it is configurations is not really usable and I’m resorting to using 3 mixers instead

id like to use configurations so i can view my 12 Group channels or buss channels if you prefer preset one configuration and set so there nice and wide to see all the indicators of each channel and have All the 60 + audio or instrument channels nice and narrow so they all fit on one screen with another configuration

at the moment when you swap from buss to 60+ audio channels in my configurations or back i end up with every channel so stretched it takes like 6 minutes to find the channel I’m looking for or swapping the other way around my busses end up squashed in the corner of my screen

configuration really need to remember the ZOOM !!

Bastard…

Whoa, I didn’t realize the full screen mixer with plugins AOT finally worked on Mac. Thanks, Steve!! :smiley:

Language, please!

An issue with using Full Screen for the mixer: while the plugin windows stay on top (on Mac), the editors (e.g., the sample editor) do not. Am I missing something - a setting I don’t know about to fix this?