Cubase 7.5.20

Hi Rhino!

Would you happen to have any advice for a single screen user … would it be to drag the Cubase window big, then drag the mixer window big, neither one being “maximized” using the Windows button?

Does C7 have the ability to store “Workspaces” I think they were called in C6.5 so that I don’t have to do all this dragging every time I open a new project?

Thanks!

All of you Windows users that can’t live with the ‘plug-in hiding behind mixer’ problem, switch to Mac! No such problem here :stuck_out_tongue:

I always knew Macs were better!

I’ll get some popcorn, and a seat to watch from a safe distance. :laughing:

Sincerely yours. Mr Apple MacJerkoff :ugeek:

LOL. I asked for that!

With VEP offloading much of the workload, one would think a crash would be rare.

Is VEP working well, otherwise? I’m thinking of taking the plunge.

Only because the hardware is properly speced.

I hope they have improved the configurations in the mixer to take ZOOM into account cause as it is configurations is not really usable and I’m resorting to using 3 mixers instead

id like to use configurations so i can view my 12 Group channels or buss channels if you prefer preset one configuration and set so there nice and wide to see all the indicators of each channel and have All the 60 + audio or instrument channels nice and narrow so they all fit on one screen with another configuration

at the moment when you swap from buss to 60+ audio channels in my configurations or back i end up with every channel so stretched it takes like 6 minutes to find the channel I’m looking for or swapping the other way around my busses end up squashed in the corner of my screen

configuration really need to remember the ZOOM !!

Bastard…

Whoa, I didn’t realize the full screen mixer with plugins AOT finally worked on Mac. Thanks, Steve!! :smiley:

Language, please!

An issue with using Full Screen for the mixer: while the plugin windows stay on top (on Mac), the editors (e.g., the sample editor) do not. Am I missing something - a setting I don’t know about to fix this?

Hi all,
I’ve just updated the announcement thread with full Information!

Cheers,
Helge

“Remove recent projects from list”, this one has always ‘bugged’ me. To remove recent projects from the list at the moment is almost painful, if you have many, as I tend to accumulate.

Thanks SB,

Mauri.

Wow, that’s some list. Looking forward to this one. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m VEPPING around for more then a year now, using it live and keeping everything preserved on those servers, also enjoying the way this thing handles the vsti’s much better than any of the competition, and still have to have my first crash or other kind of error with it. That host is stable as a very solid rock and very “green” on resources.

Some minor niggles though:

• you loose the multitimbral functionality. For each channel you need a different dll. I know there is a workaround for that, but my IQ isn’t high enough to take that into account.
  • it is an extra workflow
  • since it is an external host, automation is a bit more difficult, but possible

Some major advantages:

• much much better resource handling (much more vsti’s loading on f.e. a single system)
  • scalability added to a DAW in terms of extra computers over LAN is possible
  • you can preserve your instances (so changing arrangements, when using the same vsti’s is much much faster, and if there would be a crash on the main daw, everything stays alive vstiwise
  • you have control over buffersize per instance, so you can do some tweaking and preserving some resources when handling with very large setups f.e. on a single system

so: in my opinion. Untill SB listens to our features requested where we are asking just those features for cubase, yes it is definitly worth it.

kind regards,
R.

Not sure what you mean by this.

I’m a new VEPPER (v5) but I can use as many outputs as any VSTi provides with a single instance inside VEP5 (Kontakt, Play4, etc).
You click the little plus sign on the first output and another is created - from the same DLL.

Hugh