Steinberg / Arturia V-Collection

__

H5 is very deep.

You mean complicated and will take a long time to learn ??

It has synthesis capability in it’s rawest, but it doesn’t replace the well thought out, tried and trusted schematics of those famous synths. They are about workflow and certain combination of component that produce those sounds, and how you are inspired by the layout. HW or SW.

Well, I have traditional HW equipment as you can see in my ‘signature’. But I am trying to learn more about modern day methods of creating music using a PC and software etc.

__

H5 is more modular system, requires more of having an initial ideal sound and going thru the building blocks of the program to produce it. Of course it has capable synth presets, I mean it can do anything you need, but I can’t compare it on the workflow angle. You can of course call up from 1000s of synth/sample sounds, maybe 10s of 1000s!

So does H5 actually come shipped with any factory Presets/Samples ?? Or does it use (if any) the contents of HALion Sonic(s) ??

__

If you have built a collection of synth sample folders, H5 is good for collecting and cataloguing, making splits, creating complex dynamic patches, with round robin and velocity. Its a full fledged music scripter.

At the moment I do not have any Samples or a library as such. Only the material I have purchased from the Steinberg site.

I admit that because I have H5, I’m not too quick to buy new synths, I feel the need to learn it first, and H5 opens up new territory for all the years of unused samples on my HD, it’s like a library of so much material, it’s maddening! If you get H5 be ready for it to consume ya!

Where did you acquire the Samples you have on your HD ?? Are they ones you have created yourself ??

Ta,

Paul