Cubase 7.5.20

Whoa, I didn’t realize the full screen mixer with plugins AOT finally worked on Mac. Thanks, Steve!! :smiley:

Language, please!

An issue with using Full Screen for the mixer: while the plugin windows stay on top (on Mac), the editors (e.g., the sample editor) do not. Am I missing something - a setting I don’t know about to fix this?

Hi all,
I’ve just updated the announcement thread with full Information!

Cheers,
Helge

“Remove recent projects from list”, this one has always ‘bugged’ me. To remove recent projects from the list at the moment is almost painful, if you have many, as I tend to accumulate.

Thanks SB,

Mauri.

Wow, that’s some list. Looking forward to this one. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I’m VEPPING around for more then a year now, using it live and keeping everything preserved on those servers, also enjoying the way this thing handles the vsti’s much better than any of the competition, and still have to have my first crash or other kind of error with it. That host is stable as a very solid rock and very “green” on resources.

Some minor niggles though:

• you loose the multitimbral functionality. For each channel you need a different dll. I know there is a workaround for that, but my IQ isn’t high enough to take that into account.
  • it is an extra workflow
  • since it is an external host, automation is a bit more difficult, but possible

Some major advantages:

• much much better resource handling (much more vsti’s loading on f.e. a single system)
  • scalability added to a DAW in terms of extra computers over LAN is possible
  • you can preserve your instances (so changing arrangements, when using the same vsti’s is much much faster, and if there would be a crash on the main daw, everything stays alive vstiwise
  • you have control over buffersize per instance, so you can do some tweaking and preserving some resources when handling with very large setups f.e. on a single system

so: in my opinion. Untill SB listens to our features requested where we are asking just those features for cubase, yes it is definitly worth it.

kind regards,
R.

Not sure what you mean by this.

I’m a new VEPPER (v5) but I can use as many outputs as any VSTi provides with a single instance inside VEP5 (Kontakt, Play4, etc).
You click the little plus sign on the first output and another is created - from the same DLL.

Hugh

has this been fixed? (re: " [CONFIRMED 7.5] “Click and drag to zoom” has delay")

I was hoping some improvement for the VST instrument rack, looks really confusing as it is. :frowning:

Really good.

Any news on this bug involving scrolling and graphic glitchs dual montior graphic bug [repro steps] - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
Anyone else able to repro it?

Not a bug.

Sorry.

Care to elaborate?

+1. I love the renaming, but its in dire need of a proper collapsed mode. Maybe 7.5.3?

What utter garbage. :wink:

The version number is already 7.5 (there was never a 7.3).

Oops, typo - corrected the post.

Thanks for reply, Steve.

I managed to sweet-talk VSL into giving me an extension on the VEP demo, which had run out before I could put it through its paces.

My ultimate goal would be to have each channel working in an unfrozen state on a server, but with the number of tracks I use, and with the number of effects I use on each track, even a monster of a server would probably not let me do them all. And if it can’t do them all, it negates my real desire: to edit / rearrange all tracks freely.

So, I think I may take a baby step and simply use one slave to handle all my real-time buss effects. Sort of a home-built UAD style system.

That said, I do have an empty 19" rack with 5 slots for 2U high servers. :slight_smile: So, we’ll see.

If Cubase adds the Studio One feature of rearranging frozen tracks, and does it “correctly” (by not flattening shared / ghost midi patterns in the process), that would be the ideal solution to what I want. And then use VEP for just real-time buss needs.

I already have a separate, dedicated rack server performing as a real-time mastering chain (that I mix into). So, one VEP slave is probably all I need, for now.

But I need something. I’m running at 95% CPU utilization with all but a single unfrozen working track, with all my group channel effects doing the chains I want them to do. So, it’s pretty miserable to work that way. The system is new, fast (overclocked and liquid cooled even). Even if it were a 6, 8 or even 12 core server-class CPU, Cubase wouldn’t crunch it all, I’m sure of it. So, I’m at the right price-performance point for the main DAW. Even more reason why VEP is attractive to me.

Cheers.

Thanks, Helge – the update notes look awesome!

So, mystery solved as to my original speculation about TrackVersions: “TrackVersions: Delete Inactive TrackVersions”

Awww. No “automation” yet.

“When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.”

Wuuut?! (is that even technically possible?)

“…dropouts no longer occur” can’t be a literal statement. If so, it means it’s doing more than Reaper-style “audio scheduling buffer” magic, and actually, dynamically “freezing” the tracks in the background.

And if so, is it smart enough to allow rearranging of midi parts without having to re-render the tracks fully? If so, that would be tantamount to Studio One’s “rearrange frozen tracks” holy-grail feature.

Can’t be that. It must just mean it’s been optimized to eliminate the drop-outs that were occurring, in edge-cases within the “reasonable” limitations of how it’s designed to be used.

Either way, very exciting to see improvements to it.

The plot thickens!

Audio

• Automatic hitpoint detection now works reliable.
• Audiowarping in the Sample Editor now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility of the grid in Audiowarp has been resolved.
• When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.
• Exporting a stereo mixdown to a new project now inserts a stereo audio file on a stereo track.

Super :smiley: with those. Can’t wait.