Cubase 7.5.20

I’m VEPPING around for more then a year now, using it live and keeping everything preserved on those servers, also enjoying the way this thing handles the vsti’s much better than any of the competition, and still have to have my first crash or other kind of error with it. That host is stable as a very solid rock and very “green” on resources.

Some minor niggles though:

• you loose the multitimbral functionality. For each channel you need a different dll. I know there is a workaround for that, but my IQ isn’t high enough to take that into account.
  • it is an extra workflow
  • since it is an external host, automation is a bit more difficult, but possible

Some major advantages:

• much much better resource handling (much more vsti’s loading on f.e. a single system)
  • scalability added to a DAW in terms of extra computers over LAN is possible
  • you can preserve your instances (so changing arrangements, when using the same vsti’s is much much faster, and if there would be a crash on the main daw, everything stays alive vstiwise
  • you have control over buffersize per instance, so you can do some tweaking and preserving some resources when handling with very large setups f.e. on a single system

so: in my opinion. Untill SB listens to our features requested where we are asking just those features for cubase, yes it is definitly worth it.

kind regards,
R.