Cubase 7.5.20

has this been fixed? (re: " [CONFIRMED 7.5] “Click and drag to zoom” has delay")

I was hoping some improvement for the VST instrument rack, looks really confusing as it is. :frowning:

Really good.

Any news on this bug involving scrolling and graphic glitchs dual montior graphic bug [repro steps] - Cubase - Steinberg Forums
Anyone else able to repro it?

Not a bug.

Sorry.

Care to elaborate?

+1. I love the renaming, but its in dire need of a proper collapsed mode. Maybe 7.5.3?

What utter garbage. :wink:

The version number is already 7.5 (there was never a 7.3).

Oops, typo - corrected the post.

Thanks for reply, Steve.

I managed to sweet-talk VSL into giving me an extension on the VEP demo, which had run out before I could put it through its paces.

My ultimate goal would be to have each channel working in an unfrozen state on a server, but with the number of tracks I use, and with the number of effects I use on each track, even a monster of a server would probably not let me do them all. And if it can’t do them all, it negates my real desire: to edit / rearrange all tracks freely.

So, I think I may take a baby step and simply use one slave to handle all my real-time buss effects. Sort of a home-built UAD style system.

That said, I do have an empty 19" rack with 5 slots for 2U high servers. :slight_smile: So, we’ll see.

If Cubase adds the Studio One feature of rearranging frozen tracks, and does it “correctly” (by not flattening shared / ghost midi patterns in the process), that would be the ideal solution to what I want. And then use VEP for just real-time buss needs.

I already have a separate, dedicated rack server performing as a real-time mastering chain (that I mix into). So, one VEP slave is probably all I need, for now.

But I need something. I’m running at 95% CPU utilization with all but a single unfrozen working track, with all my group channel effects doing the chains I want them to do. So, it’s pretty miserable to work that way. The system is new, fast (overclocked and liquid cooled even). Even if it were a 6, 8 or even 12 core server-class CPU, Cubase wouldn’t crunch it all, I’m sure of it. So, I’m at the right price-performance point for the main DAW. Even more reason why VEP is attractive to me.

Cheers.

Thanks, Helge – the update notes look awesome!

So, mystery solved as to my original speculation about TrackVersions: “TrackVersions: Delete Inactive TrackVersions”

Awww. No “automation” yet.

“When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.”

Wuuut?! (is that even technically possible?)

“…dropouts no longer occur” can’t be a literal statement. If so, it means it’s doing more than Reaper-style “audio scheduling buffer” magic, and actually, dynamically “freezing” the tracks in the background.

And if so, is it smart enough to allow rearranging of midi parts without having to re-render the tracks fully? If so, that would be tantamount to Studio One’s “rearrange frozen tracks” holy-grail feature.

Can’t be that. It must just mean it’s been optimized to eliminate the drop-outs that were occurring, in edge-cases within the “reasonable” limitations of how it’s designed to be used.

Either way, very exciting to see improvements to it.

The plot thickens!

Audio

• Automatic hitpoint detection now works reliable.
• Audiowarping in the Sample Editor now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility of the grid in Audiowarp has been resolved.
• When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.
• Exporting a stereo mixdown to a new project now inserts a stereo audio file on a stereo track.

Super :smiley: with those. Can’t wait.

• New Preference: Colorize folder track controls only

*Finally!

Now… I wonder if the +1 Colorize option finally work correctly :neutral_face:

:nerd:

thumbs up for projects loading faster with Halion 5, hopefully it solves also the slow sluggish halions startup GUI.

Control Room Improvements

mmm!!

Project window toolbar: Additional buttons

interesting ! additional buttons ?? hope it helps workflow :slight_smile:

I just hope that they have not tried to be even “smarter”, and came up with another “half-assed” solution (to something that worked well).
Don’t know what to expect, and nobody from Steinberg answers :confused:

There was a hint from a mod somewhere else here, that this might mean that panels will now stay open as you left them (after closing/re-opening main CR window).

I was completely devastated after paying 500 euro and making the move from FL Studio to find out that Cubase does not have sample accurate automation, also was really annoyed to discover that steinberg have been aware of this fact for many years now but just ignored the problem, I had to go back to using FL Studio for anything that requires accurate automation, FL studio has had sample accurate automation for as long as I can remember… cubase is great for instrument based music and recording, but for electronic dance music FL Studio leaves cubase in the dirt

true i guess… i do hope though SB are aware they need to step up their game, and 8 will be at least a major update if not a rewrite. while bitwig or ableton are dealing with ‘modulate anything with anything’ scenarios and offer max or script-based options to really take advantage of what a modern daw can offer, cubase team is working hard to fix issues like, why do mixconsole faders change colours on their own, or how has our timestretch implementation been working incorrectly for years, or how did we re-introduce old bugs in the code again and can someone please find them in the code because we can’t. :slight_smile:

May i ask why you need sample accurate automation so bad when making EDM music ?

I am a EDM music producer for your years, but maybe i miss something and could learn something from you about this issue in Cubase.

it’s not such a big deal but a nuissance-- esp. when it comes to timing events precisely to the start of a measure, bar, etc. let’s say you’re trying to open up a filter or bypass a plugin on a drum bus precisely at the drop time. any kind of micro delay here hinders your efforts, so you’d need to compensate manually…