Cubase iC Pro for Android available now!

I’m so grateful you came up with this Android apk! Thanks a lot!
Now that I tried it:
Please, pretty please, consider leaving us the choice of using a smartphone or tablet display on our 1080p Nexus 7.2 or equivalent.
If that is too complicated to implement in one apk, how about making both smartphone and tablet apk versions available for all tablets, so the user can experiment and choose the best for his setup.
This would save the purchase of a costly and bulky extra tablet to a lot of customers… And make me even more grateful…!

Thanks for your future reply.

D-JeeP (Cubase 7.5)

I wonder if the ic pro works in samsung tab 3 P5200 using android 4.2 ???

Yes, it will work. I have S Tab2 and it works, a bit laggy but still better than nothing. On my S Note 3 it´s great, but small screen

I have to say I came to this site looking to buy this app to use on my Droid 4, but after reading all the technical goggledy-goog that people are going through to make it work, I have been scared away.

I’ll check back now and then to see if/when “it just works” without having to mess around like that.

I started using it with a new Samsung 12.2 note pro. What a great tool. Makes booth recording simple

ANYONE KNOW IF IC PRO WORKS WELL IN ANDROID 4.2.2 ?

Not sure, but it does work with 4.4.2 in case that is what you meant.

I HAVE SAMSUNG TAB 3 GT-P5200 WITH ANDROID 4.2.2 AND IT APPEARS THAT IT IS SLOWER THAN WELL ON MY CELL HAVING ANDROID 4.1.2
I THINK WITH ANDROID 4.2.2 DOES NOT WORK VERY WELL.

Wow… that must be nice - I have the note 10.1. . But i’m dissatisfied with the lack of OS updates. …

The lack of OS updates doesn’t really bother me as long as the apps I use work. I couldn’t even tell you what version of Android I’m using.

Is there a reason, why the “split tab” function is missing on the android version of the IC pro?
Will there be an update?

Greetings

Custom Templates Disappear:
Whenever I create a custom template in cubase ic pro, it gets deleted whenever I turn my tablet off or start a new cubase project. I m using a samsung galaxy tab 3 latest version of android and it works fine until I either restart the tablet or start a new cubase session. When I go to settings > key commands > load > user templates. The user templates that I created are non-existent. Please help.

I’m not sure but i think you have to save a template after creating it?

yes I have done that many times

Dumb question - Cubase 7.5.20 running on a PC … do I need an Android table to communicate with it when I run Cubase iC Pro, or can it be an iPad (i.e., mixing Mac and PC in this way)?

Yes iPad works with PC

Thanks for that, Jari Juntilla!

Do you actually tell people that on the product page? NO.

So how are we supposed to know what size device to get to show the detail on the picture on the product page. Do we have to be psychic now? (If we were all that good, we wouldn’t need to ask questions on the forum, would we?)

Up until now, we pretty well knew what was a tablet and what was a phone, and that there was a pretty clear delineation of app design and detail shown for each of those. People’s expectations of what to expect had been pretty well set. There are even two manuals, depending upon whether its used on a phone (actually iPhone) or tablet (iPad).

So what does SB do when it comes to Android? Make up an arbitrary AND UNPUBLISHED size point at which the app switches. Strangely, only 0.9" smaller than an iPad mini and its suddenly a phone app. 7" is NOT a small device, especially compared to an iPad mini, but it is big compared to EVERY phone out there! Why did the iPad mini get it?

I just bought a Nexus 7", only to find that it gave just the same amount of detail as my Note 3, which presumably gives the same level of detail as on a iPhone 3gs. That is absurd. I would like to at least see a big timecounter and transport buttons with the overview and some rows of buttons, even if I have to use my Note 3 for my cue mix.

There ought to be some user selectivity of level of detail (you do it for the mixer channel widths), so that we can have the control-size versus detail-level that suits each individual.

Big and small do not cut it given the range of sizes of devices, from 3.5" to 12"+. Four or five gradations would be better.

Also, why are the buttons in the arrays so big, but the really important transport buttons are small (and the L and R marker ones are tiny), especially since the latter are more likely to be used much more in difficult single-handed situations, like holding the instrument you are using and leaning over it to get to the controls with the other?

If using the button arrays, one is more likely to use both hands and be at the DAW computer, since many are irrelevant unless you can see the details which they affect.

I have rarely found the word ‘fail’ applied fairly, but here I say to SB: FAIL

I agree – fix this for devices like the Nexus 7 (1920x1200 Full HD screen!) and I’ll buy it.

The Nexus 7 (2013) I bought has a 1920x1200 screen, which should easily show the greater detail.