Appealing to Steinberg to keep the CMC current viable?

This reminds one of Steinberg’s Houston Controller which they discontinued some years ago which has left numerous Cubase users scarred to this day. If in fact they are being discontinued, this will make many users contemplating any future controller product from Steinberg give it some serious thought beforehand, as their trackrecord would be shot - as the saying goes “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me”.
But let us recap before going any further.

The trigger seems to have been a combination of low stock, coupled with the lack of a “Buy” feature in the Steinberg Shop - but only for Europeand lands it would seem.

Next we have the statement from Moderator Joshua Matlock : “…we have not heard from our development team in Germany about any plans to discontinue the CMC series of devices at this time.”

Next we have the opinion from our own, ever the optimist, Freddie H: “As far as I know Steinberg are not phasing out these CMC controllers. Its actually the opposite!
In due to its popularity, the TP-controller has run out of stock temporarily in Europe.
The new shipment are due to arrive on 31.03.2014.”
This would seem to be Freddie’s own personal conclusion, most likely determined from statements from the European supplier Thomann.

'Til now its seem to be looking optimistic.
Then finally we have a post from Sinned which appears to have pulled the plug: “Had word direct from Steinberg today ‘CMC discontinued’ only 5 FD and 1 PD left.”
I am not familiar with this user, whether or not he may be taken at his word. Was he really in contact with Steinberg “direct” or with a supplier? Is he in Europe? Why would he be more privy to Steinberg Marketing information than one of Steinberg’s own Moderators.

I would hope for a further sign of encouragement from a Steinberg Rep (Joshua, this would be your cue :wink: ). Time will tell I guess, Mar.31st is nigh upon us; will Freddie be proven correct?
I reserve judgment for the time being, and hope this talk of discontinuing the line is in fact just a myth.