free course "Critical listening for studio production"

Hi Steve,

Ha ha, that ‘expectation bias’ is hilarious mate !! I had never heard of it before though I did guess that something like it (‘placebo’) existed.

I think MOOC’s and various types of forums are quite good however they will only get you so far. When I was a music college I think the reason I progressed so quickly was because I lived with four other students who served as what you might term a ‘reference group’. That’s what I am really (quite desperately) lacking at the moment. Zero conversation or interaction with anyone with the same interests (apart from on the Nord and Steinberg forums).

Quite a bit of my confidence and drive has been hindered by the fact I am very new to computers and also that I have experienced a massive amount of issues over the past year with software installations etc. I used to simply open the piano lid and practice 6 x hours a day for many years and apart from suffering with tendonitis a couple of times, I seemed to enjoy endless periods of ‘creativity’. But without wishing to sound negative, whenever I chose to get stuck into Cubase some error arises and I just end up getting side-tracked with trying to solve it. Admittedly, I do not have anywhere near as good an understanding of Cubase as most of the people on this forum, but I still keep chipping away and reading the manuals and tutorials etc.

Cheers,

Paul