Nuendo 6.5?

Exactly - my sentiments entirely.

I just bough nuendo 6 (update from 5) and yesterday was horrible. Just on one mixing the program stoped so many times, that i stoped counting. Changed the Buffer time, nuendo stoped… I open a new plugin, nuendo stoped…Try to save work, “can not save this file because its corrupt”. How is this possible? in one afternoon i’ve encounter so many problems, just mixing one track…How can you release this?? Horrible…
I’m a user sense nuendo 1.0 and If someone wants to buy my nuendo, i seal it for half price. I’m tired of shames in front of customers.

And when i read that the 6.5 release will be payd, you will not see another € from me. NEVER in the life of Nuendo, a X.5 Version was payd. This is definitely the worst Nuendo version until now, and a X.5 version will be payd… Please stop selling this version. It’s a shame for you.

+1

Hi Jules,

thank you for your comment and comparison to other platforms / manufacturers.

Thanks,
Timo

Hello,

that should not happen. What is your system setup please?

Thanks,
Timo

PM me if you want to sell. I already have two copies, but need one for Studio 3.

DG

Hello dear fellows in misery…
Is it at all possible that I sense a whiff of discontent and unhappiness amongst the community about N6 ? Even from those who politely used to tell me: ”Get used to it, ol’ fart, welcome to the future”?? Oh, Joy!.. All is not lost, yet!
But certainly, I don’t want to brag around that I always said N6 is badly in need of major improvements and changes.
:wink:
By now, I got used to receive a more or less strong yellowish liquid beam from SB hitting my left knee…when it comes to complaints about customer service. That actually seems to slowly change for the better, lately, but still on the far side of a dark tunnel, that is.

And then…, making N6.5 subject to a charge is quite a bit cheeky, I think. With most users just hoping for necessary Bug Fixes you get a buck-fix prescribed instead …lol…

Well, I am staying on N5.6, anyway, as long as I don’t see any substantial improvements, especially in regards of handling / GUIs. Meanwhile, dear friends, keep ‘em busy…

Cheers, Big K ( sipping on a bottle of Augustiner Edelstoff…)

Whilst I’m a great believer in giving change a chance, I still find N6 incredibly ugly and clunky to use. I don’t think that it’s a case of not being used to it. I find it as useless and ugly now as I did when I first saw it. Some of the new features do save time, but that saving is outweighed by all the extra clicking around.

I also find it strange that some of the really silly bugs, such as using the glue tool changing your MIDI notes, haven’t been fixed. If they are not fixed in the coming update and the mixer is still as ugly, there will be no reason for me to upgrade either of my studios.

DG

Pc - Intel Quad core with Windows 7 - Motu 424 Pci with 2408 MkII

I seriously think we, as Nuendo Users, don’t have the numbers to affect a change here.

Sad…

You either go along, (grape is my favorite flavor) and develop your own work arounds,
or move on to something else. Those appear to be the only options Steinberg is willing to offer.

I just stumbled upon the online-promotion of N6’s new features:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/nuendo/nuendo_6/whats_new.html#c174671

Under “time savers for professionals” it says:
Optimized for mouse-free operation

I’ve never been forced to use my mouse that much like in N6, all those tabs to open and switch…this can’t be meant seriously!

I agree.
It might be “optimized mouse free” if you buy a Nuage.

This day today wasn’t a realy good day till … just 15 minutes before it ends …I read your post…
It truly made my day…lol.
I have rarely come across such strangly warped sense of reality than manifested in this one remark.
Optimzed for mouse-free operation… How the hell do you manouver through this dreaded software?
ESP ?? Telekinese?? A BlueTooth stick up your … errr… nose??
I wonder…

Big K

Have they ever tried the new Control Room? Come on Steinberg, this is a click fest galore. I cannot for my life of it understand how they were able to destroy one of their best features, let alone unique in the DAW world???

The new Mix Console may be great if you do 8 tracks of audio, and like two inches wide channels. Also to much clicking and hovering (aaah, there was the button).
Why on earth does the pop-ups have to tell me that an insert slot is empty? I can kinda see that :confused: :astonished: :open_mouth:

And the Focus frame “following” you around (annoying as annoying can be). I know when I touch a fader or pan knob, or… God damn it, all that excess information having no mission at all, but being disturbing.

And the new “intelligent” name abbreviations. Not very intelligent at all, if you ask me. I do not want to zoom in on the mixer channels to read what plugin residing in what slot (I have tried to populate the insert slots the same for all channels, making it consistent (for me)).
Again, it may be easy to remember all your plugins and placement when having a few tracks/channels of audio. But NOT in a larger session, in conjunction with with narrower mixer channels.

The Cubase 7/7.5 and Nuendo 6 cycle has been a big dissapointment for me, except for 3 things (in C7.5):
Track Visibility (didn’t have to change everything GUI wise to implement this IMO).
Track Versions (finally, after many many requests).
Tab to Transient (which in fact doesn’t use the Tab key???)

I gotta quit now, before my head hurts.

Hello,

• What do you mean “all Cubase 7.5 features”? As with something from the NEK? VST expression? Drum editor? Score editor? the extended chord track?

I don’t care what VSTi Steinberg has to offer, but as a Film Composer_Sound designer I feel that Steinberg just betrayed the Nuendo music users.

Are we gonna get back our Music-Midi features after paying three times more than any Cubase owner?
NEK can be the promised land for SB VSTi’s and Libraries.

I’m so tired of the whole NEK - Cubase Music Tools for Nuendo story, that I almost have to puke.

For Steinberg to make such a fuzz, of what should’ve been nothing, I really don’t get it :unamused:

I can’t agree more.

Sometime, even when only sound editing for DOC movie, I wanna have my own temp music or Sampler running stuff - the features as we all know, r already there! I paid for Nuendo cause I’m working a lot for the media so I need some of the Nuendo features (and Im with Nuendo since ver 3). I don’t ask for much- just the midi-score features and the normal chord features.

Most of the time I just want to compose on my good old(new) Nuendo with basic Cubase features.

So dumb…

I’m as disappointed as any of you about this state of affairs, but I don’t know why you’re all surprised. Several years ago, Steinberg-Yamaha decided that Nuendo would be their upscale post-production suite product and despite any intimations to the contrary, they have continued on this plan. The introduction of Nuage was pretty much the death bell on any hope of keeping this software agnostic from any specific hardware. Nuendo is being optimized for Yamaha hardware and as the owners of the company, they can pretty much decide what they want their products to do.

Yamaha is a HARDWARE company; it’s in their DNA and in fact every attempt they’ve made to enter the software field has been a pretty lame failure (mLan, DS2416…). They now have the opportunity to leverage a software acquisition to push their hardware expansion plans. Because this doesn’t work with our needs, we’re all up in arms, but is it really unexpected?

I see the NEK as an olive branch extended to those of us who need Nuendo’s advanced features over Cubase, but with the Nuage optimizations, hardware-agnostic workflow has been impaired. So now we’re at a crossroads where the NEK is no longer sufficient to “pacify” us and where there really should be another fork in the Nuendo story, one where optimizations would be made for non-Nuage users.

But think about that for a minute: facing incredible odds from a very well-entrenched competing platform, how likely is it that a hardware company is going to sabotage their chances of launching a complete post-production hardware/software suite by offering a software-only alternative that works as well without the hardware? Slim to none if you ask me.

The other real problem now is that Steinberg spent considerable time unifying Cubase and Nuendo development to the point that Cubase is now inheriting the hardware-dependent workflow problems evident in Nuendo. However Cubase does not have a hardware interface alternative (yet?), so that is the bigger issue in the longer term.

Well… that or the Carpal Syndrome issues we’re all going to be developing… :wink:

Thank you for making me laugh …

Fredo