Track mute and MIDI

Hi, it would be great to have an option at the setup menu that lets us specify whether or not muting a track also mutes it from sending MIDI.

In my setup I use software instruments while on the go and hardware instruments when at the studio, this way I could just mute the tracks when I’m at the studio and still have them sending MIDI to my hardware instruments.
At the moment I’m bringing their volume down in the mixer, which works, but then I have to manually set the levels again (and remember the values) when I’m on the go, which is not really ideal.

thanks

Yes, I have recently been trying to use Instrument tracks for my external instruments. They appear great on the face of it, but it appears they have a fatal flaw:

I have a similar problem to bry in that I need to both directly monitor the audio to remove latency when recording MIDI, and also route them through the Instrument track to record audio, apply FX etc. However, to do this I need to be able to mute the Instrument track while the MIDI track is unmuted, but this is not possible with Cubase 7.

I will just go back to using separate audio and MIDI track but it now seems clunky compared to Instrument tracks.

Is this different in later versions of Cubase?