Why 7.5 and 7.5.1 is not called beta?

@bjones306 - I sense a bit of arrogance here.

If not a Beta per se, it is definitively an “in the works” version transitioning between the prior and the next major version.

Here is something I have written earlier, put together from various posts and forums, regarding workflow issues with the new Mix Console and Control Room.
Please read (there are also some suggestion for the Forum/Steinberg at the end):

I work, for the most part with Audio, in multiple mics/full band tracking scenarios (of course some Midi and Vsti’s).
This is what I call “traditional” music production in a Tracking/Overdubbing/Editing/Mixing/Mastering kind of fashion.

In the above scenario, the new Control Room is a HUGE workflow killer, close to useless (clumsy, timeconsuming, and a click fest) compared to the old one in Cubase 6.

The new Control Room is a clickfest galore, especially in a “full band” tracking scenario. Difficult to see all that much info at a glance, without “tabbing” and clicking.
Small horizontal sliders vs the old vertical Faders, small horizontal meters vs the old vertical meters.

The old (C6.5) could also show all insert with one touch of a button (toggle between the larger meters and the inserts across all cue mixes in one go).

Please tell me you got some plans for this??? For my part, this has to be changed (back) in C8.
Or else I have to wipe dust of my old monitor mixer (God forbid) :unamused:

The new Mix Console, is for me a HUGE workflow killer, as it brings me out of my creative mood, thinking about things that interrupts my creative mixing experience. It makes me “think” (how?, where?, status/info? etc…) more than “act” on creative decisions.
To always have to remember to click in the mixer to get Key Commands working etc, is close to the Beta stage appearance IMO.

The hovering pop-ups (everywhere), and the “Focus Frame” that “follows” you around, is just annoying.
What mission does the White Outlined “Focus Frame” have? I know when I touch a fader or other parameter!!!
Why the pop-ups to tell me that an empty slot is…empty?

IMO the whole “Focus Frame/system” has never worked good in any version of Cubase 7/7.5 and Nuendo 6.

With normal to big sized projects, it still is faster to work in C6.5/Nuendo 5.5. Friends in different forums, that works in a simular fashion to me, have reported the same.
So, the big question:
Who do Steinberg listen to, and who are beta testing new/changed/fixed features for the C8/N7 cycle?

PS. For me to have discussions over the Control Room and Mix Console with electronic music makers, Loopmash addicts, midi composers etc… is meaningless, and a source of misunderstandings and reasons for forum fights.

Under follows a suggestion on how to devide the Forum into more sensible departements.
It should be easier for users to discuss suggestions and needs, and easier for Steinberg to pick up the needs, fixes, suggestions, and solutions needed for the different working styles.

Steinberg should devide their forum by “function”:

1. Traditional Music Production (tracking, overdubbing, editing, mixing, mastering).
  2. Electronic Music Producion (Midi, beatmakers, loop based composers etc.)
  3. Song Writers and Composers
  4. “fill in suggestions”

To throw all different cubase users in one pot is not a way to agree on “anything” IMO, and Steinberg can lean back
without having to make any conclusions/decisions based on user feedback.