Cubasis 1.8 update available now!

Here is the list of what’s new in the 1.8 update. It is the biggest update so far. And it’s free!

NEW FEATURES

• Automation
  • MIDI CC’s, program changes, aftertouch support
  • Mixer side global control panel
  • Phase inversion plug-in (for audio channels)
  • Redesigned effect rack
  • Audiobus 2.0 support

IMPROVEMENTS

• The sustain pedal is now recorded as MIDI events (All sustain pedal problems solved!).
  • The mod wheel is now recorded as MIDI events.
  • Color-coded inspector nodes for automation, inserts and sends were added.
  • The pitch bend range behaviour has been adapted to match Cubase. MicroSonic pitch bend range is configurable per track in the Inspector.
  • Pitch bend wheel movement is visible when playing back pitch bend events.
  • Audiobus 2.0 support.

FIXES
CB-1519 Scrolling the list of available Inter-App Audio effects now works as expected.
CB-1557 Freezing a muted or soloed track no longer leads to wrong mute/solo button behaviour.
CB-1218 Recording of pitch bend events now works as expected.
CB-1506 Polyphony setting no longer affects metronome playback.
CB-1508 A problem that occurred when inserting Inter-App Audio effects that feature MIDI input has been solved.
CB-1511 Event names that contain special characters will now be displayed correctly.
CB-1507 Playback of events that contain notes of length zero no longer result in hanging notes.
CB-1514 Fixes a problem where monitoring of audio tracks did not work as expected.
CB-1515 Inter-App Audio effects are no longer disconnected when they go silent.
CB-1529 Input clipping indicators now work as expected.
CB-1530 Track freeze of audio events has been corrected when being used with overlapping parts.
CB-1604 Fixes an issue where after undo or redo too many tracks were record-enabled.
CB-783 Gain related effect parameters no longer crackle when they are modified during playback.
CB-1705 Performing a mixdown of a 96 kHz project during playback no longer leaves reverb tail at mixdown start.

DOCUMENTATION
Here is an extract of the Cubasis 1.8 manual. This extract shows how automation (and MIDI cc’s) works and what to expect in Cubasis 1.8:
http://crohde.steinberg.de/Cubasis18.pdf

IMPORTANT
You need the Cubasis project importer 1.5 to open your projects in Cubase. You can find the pre-release on:

RATE THE APP
If you like the update don’t forget to rate the app in iTunes! :smiley:

Cool!
Any date of release??

Thank you :slight_smile: Looks great. One question though.

The automation lines in the horizontal tracks that are shown near the end - are they CC assignable? i.e this automation update covers ability to automate external software, not just Cubasis fx, mixer and micrologue?

I want it - NOW :smiley:

They just said “April”, so anytime between now and May 1st :slight_smile:

Thanks for the preview… it’s so much fun to be a Steinberg customer these days!

I really appreciate all the info you feed us and I’m looking forward to the release. Don’t rush it though. Better it works well, than causes problems.

Thanks

Hi Crohde,

Thank you :slight_smile: Looks great. One question though.

The automation lines in the horizontal tracks that are shown near the end - are they CC assignable? i.e does this automation update cover ability to automate external software, not just Cubasis fx, mixer and micrologue?

GuillermoNavarrete

GuillermoNavarrete 12:35PM QuoteFlag+1 -1

Hello,

I still cannot reveal any information about this, probably as the release date approaches more information will come, stay tuned.

Best regards, GN

The preview looks great, the “X’s” make a lot of sense for a touch screen interface. I’m really hoping we’ll be able to automate IAA synths/FX too; I guess only time will tell. Looking forward to this one!

Hello,

Unfortunately the InterApp-Audio protocol doesn’t support automation or cc messages.

Yes, would be really nice to know whether midi tracks get automation too. :-/

“Unfortunately the InterApp-Audio protocol doesn’t support automation or cc messages.”

But IOS network midi does. I do it all the time with Beatmaker2. :wink:

But other kinds of MIDI do. For example, I use Cubasis with hardware synths, why be limited to inter-app audio specs at all?

Hi,

Yes, on MIDI tracks it will be possible to send MIDI CC’s over CoreMIDI (Virtual MIDI) to other apps running in the background.

Hi,

Yes, Cubasis will be able to send MIDI CC’s to external hardware MIDI devices. Anything that is connected over CoreMIDI will work. :slight_smile:

This will be more than sufficient! :smiley: Thank you so much for all the information, this is an enlightening experience compared to what I’m used to! :mrgreen:

I’m thinking about buying this app, and I’m mostly interested in MIDI editing.

How good is it for that?

Is it (or will it be in the new update) possible to edit midi data in full screen? I’ve seen some videos and it doesn’t look like it’s the case currently.

Cheers!

That’s great news, thanks!

You can edit full screen. The MIDI editing is very smooth and easy to do in my experience with the program. It actually is the best MIDI editing out of all iPad apps that I’ve used.

Wow thanks for the picture, that makes it clear to me!