Cubasis 1.8 update available now!

Thanks for the preview… it’s so much fun to be a Steinberg customer these days!

I really appreciate all the info you feed us and I’m looking forward to the release. Don’t rush it though. Better it works well, than causes problems.

Thanks

Hi Crohde,

Thank you :slight_smile: Looks great. One question though.

The automation lines in the horizontal tracks that are shown near the end - are they CC assignable? i.e does this automation update cover ability to automate external software, not just Cubasis fx, mixer and micrologue?

GuillermoNavarrete

GuillermoNavarrete 12:35PM QuoteFlag+1 -1

Hello,

I still cannot reveal any information about this, probably as the release date approaches more information will come, stay tuned.

Best regards, GN

The preview looks great, the “X’s” make a lot of sense for a touch screen interface. I’m really hoping we’ll be able to automate IAA synths/FX too; I guess only time will tell. Looking forward to this one!

Hello,

Unfortunately the InterApp-Audio protocol doesn’t support automation or cc messages.

Yes, would be really nice to know whether midi tracks get automation too. :-/

“Unfortunately the InterApp-Audio protocol doesn’t support automation or cc messages.”

But IOS network midi does. I do it all the time with Beatmaker2. :wink:

But other kinds of MIDI do. For example, I use Cubasis with hardware synths, why be limited to inter-app audio specs at all?

Hi,

Yes, on MIDI tracks it will be possible to send MIDI CC’s over CoreMIDI (Virtual MIDI) to other apps running in the background.

Hi,

Yes, Cubasis will be able to send MIDI CC’s to external hardware MIDI devices. Anything that is connected over CoreMIDI will work. :slight_smile:

This will be more than sufficient! :smiley: Thank you so much for all the information, this is an enlightening experience compared to what I’m used to! :mrgreen:

I’m thinking about buying this app, and I’m mostly interested in MIDI editing.

How good is it for that?

Is it (or will it be in the new update) possible to edit midi data in full screen? I’ve seen some videos and it doesn’t look like it’s the case currently.

Cheers!

That’s great news, thanks!

You can edit full screen. The MIDI editing is very smooth and easy to do in my experience with the program. It actually is the best MIDI editing out of all iPad apps that I’ve used.

Wow thanks for the picture, that makes it clear to me!

News-Update:
As this will be a big update requiring extensive quality assurance we have decided to release the update in May 2014 to ensure the best user experience possible.

Thanks for the update! :smiley:

Better safe then sorry. Thanks for the update.

Odd time signatures???

Glad the CC messages will be automated. Very excited. :smiley:
And with Audiobus 2 finally here, automation on IAA is no concern to me at all.

Ah what a year for ios music.