Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

The plug-in rescan and things of this nature are pretty small things to be complaining about. Granted if we removed the dongle from the equation it would certainly speed up the process, and this has already been proven, but unfortunately that isn’t ever going to happen. Every DAW has it’s quirks, but regardless of the problem, the mix will be there for you to tweak once the wait is over. As far as “killing” creativity, the DAW has no bearing on the guitar in your hands, or the piano in front of you. No reason to stop writing due to a slight wait for a plug-in rescan. In many cases I already have CB running minimized long before I start a session, and while it sounds like you already have your mind made up, every DAW has it’s own set of issues. Sounds like some hardware specific issues in the OP’s case due to all the blue screening and the like. Back when we had nothing but analogue you would be firing up the entire studio and here we are whining about a software program taking a bit more time to boot up… Just sort of funny… There will never be nothing to complain about. :slight_smile:

1 Like