Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

7.5 is slower than 5.5 and 6.5

What is stopping you using those? And will we see you saying the same things about Cubase 8?
And “creativity”? Large subject. Is that songs, sounds, production etc?
Being a bit retro I always found that the least creative environment was a full fledged do-it-all studio. Always needs setting up, routing, tape decks, calibrations, leads to plug in, soundchecks… etc. and a simple tape machine or digital recorder did the job of getting an idea off the ground much quicker while an engineer wrestled with all that gubbins. I don’t see much has changed. Just an absence of the tape and tape decks.
In any trade be it plastering, bricklaying, shipbuilding it’s the preparation of the machines to get you to the end game that is 90% of the job. The creativity is usually always scribbled on the back of the fag packet.
And it takes at least 5 years hard slog on an instrument to get to the stage where one can pick up the instrument and get that crucial idea down in two minutes.
Just trying to put a little perspective down so things don’t look as bad as they seem.
Everything has bugs. Strings break, batteries go flat and software can be damn hard to set up.

1 Like