Cubase 7.5.20

Audio

• Automatic hitpoint detection now works reliable.
• Audiowarping in the Sample Editor now works as expected.
• A problem with the visibility of the grid in Audiowarp has been resolved.
• When ASIO-Guard is enabled dropouts no longer occur.
• Exporting a stereo mixdown to a new project now inserts a stereo audio file on a stereo track.

Super :smiley: with those. Can’t wait.

• New Preference: Colorize folder track controls only

*Finally!

Now… I wonder if the +1 Colorize option finally work correctly :neutral_face:

:nerd:

thumbs up for projects loading faster with Halion 5, hopefully it solves also the slow sluggish halions startup GUI.

Control Room Improvements

mmm!!

Project window toolbar: Additional buttons

interesting ! additional buttons ?? hope it helps workflow :slight_smile:

I just hope that they have not tried to be even “smarter”, and came up with another “half-assed” solution (to something that worked well).
Don’t know what to expect, and nobody from Steinberg answers :confused:

There was a hint from a mod somewhere else here, that this might mean that panels will now stay open as you left them (after closing/re-opening main CR window).

I was completely devastated after paying 500 euro and making the move from FL Studio to find out that Cubase does not have sample accurate automation, also was really annoyed to discover that steinberg have been aware of this fact for many years now but just ignored the problem, I had to go back to using FL Studio for anything that requires accurate automation, FL studio has had sample accurate automation for as long as I can remember… cubase is great for instrument based music and recording, but for electronic dance music FL Studio leaves cubase in the dirt

true i guess… i do hope though SB are aware they need to step up their game, and 8 will be at least a major update if not a rewrite. while bitwig or ableton are dealing with ‘modulate anything with anything’ scenarios and offer max or script-based options to really take advantage of what a modern daw can offer, cubase team is working hard to fix issues like, why do mixconsole faders change colours on their own, or how has our timestretch implementation been working incorrectly for years, or how did we re-introduce old bugs in the code again and can someone please find them in the code because we can’t. :slight_smile:

May i ask why you need sample accurate automation so bad when making EDM music ?

I am a EDM music producer for your years, but maybe i miss something and could learn something from you about this issue in Cubase.

it’s not such a big deal but a nuissance-- esp. when it comes to timing events precisely to the start of a measure, bar, etc. let’s say you’re trying to open up a filter or bypass a plugin on a drum bus precisely at the drop time. any kind of micro delay here hinders your efforts, so you’d need to compensate manually…

I’ve been on the latest version for maybe a month now. The “Rack” is the only thing I dislike. I immensely dislike it, I hate it. I can’t believe that there hasn’t been even more protest on it.

I am wondering if they can’t just put the darn thing INSIDE of the inspector with it’s own open/close drawer handle. I’ve never known where to put it anyways, and it would kinda make sense over there.

This comment was often heard in the middle ages during witch trials. Protest was dangerous … No one expects the Spanish Inquisition
:laughing:

Except that he’s ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!

Yeah, it’s a huge nuisance. I’ve got a project right now that keeps falling apart at the seams, because every time I have to unfreeze something to make a simple arrangement change, it never refreezes the same exact way. It’s close, but it just sounds “off” because of aggregated effects of all the automation (and plugins, themselves) never freezing the same way, twice. Even with peak management on buses and techniques to minimize phase cancellation (strategic EQing, mono-izing low frequencies, careful M/S placement, etc.), it’s still a headache.

I should be bouncing to audio and committing.

This was why Studio One was almost the holy grail for me, their “transform” feature, but they didn’t get it right. Freezing (what they call “transforming”) flattens MIDI patterns, no round-trip, those pattern choices are gone forever. That was a deal-breaker. And, the freezing / unfreezing was a crash factory for me (had to switch back to Cubase).

I’m not sure if sample accurate automation, alone, would solve my freeze/unfreeze woes, but it’s certainly a per-requisite.

I wonder how sample-accurate FL Studio really is. Does the VST spec even support that? Is it up to each plugin developer to support that notion? Is it only with stock, or certain, plugins that FL Studio can claim this?

also note that automation ‘response time’ will change depending on your audio buffer size. so if you’re running out of CPU and decide to extend the buffersize of your soundcard, rapid automation may start sounding tiny bit different (in realtime playback, anyway). not sure if any daw is not a victim to this.

also note that automation ‘response time’ will change depending on your audio buffer size. so if you’re running out of CPU and decide to extend the buffersize of your soundcard, rapid automation may start sounding tiny bit different (in realtime playback, anyway). not sure if any daw is not a victim to this.

I have never used logic but it does have an option for sample accurate automation, perhaps it is fixed in logic?.. seriously sample accurate automation (or just predictably accurate automation, IE never changes with latency) is my #1 cubase request right now.

Logic’s ‘sample accurate’ automation is anything but… It’s terrible compared to Cubase.

So. Update will arrive at 1.00 pm this time too ?

great point.

i’m still 44.1Khz / 24bit end-to-end. would love to get to 96Khz, but haven’t been able to make that happen.

maybe with my shift to VEP, it will finally be possible.

i wonder if it makes automation “tighter” in Cubase.

Some VST 2.4 32 bit under Mavericks still do not work. (Duende, etc).
GUI is frozen.

This is a CUBASE issue, since all of those VST work perfectly on Live 9 and StudioOne on Mavericks.

Please fix this asap.