[new song] The Moment

Hmm, I thought that the vocal melody at the beginning was from the ‘ladies’ library haha. I got woman, not boy. :smiley: the actual melody is nice though and has a catchy element to it. The next thing that has occurred to me is that the melodic structure of the verse melodies seem to be very similar with each track. I suspect that it may be the kind of intervals/rhythm of the notes that you end your phrases on that has brought it to my attention.

Staccato strings at 2:50 sound nice, though I’d have liked the parts to continue to develop with varied ideas and increasing gradually in dynamic until 3:30. Just a slight variation on the rhythm/notes, nothing alien to the style/original part of course.

Really good effort though, your mixes and writing are becoming more consistent and interesting the more you write. All practice and hard work. I didn’t like those boomy bass drum hits at the end though. The idea could work, but with a different, more ethnic kind of drum perhaps that has the right kind of attack/sound and a more natural occurring sense of ambience.