Is overclocking a net "+" or "-" in C7.5.10?

i would advice it is best to avoid using it for a computer.
Overclocking is as stated before a rescue measure and not advisable on the long term.
Only when you know exactly what you are doing and have the correct components that can handle it, and only under that sort of conditions, overclocking can indeed give temporarily some extra power. In fact, intel’s turbo boost is in a way an overclocking feature that is build in to any of those newer i-processors.
But you will allways have people who need to have the fastest on the planet, just like it is with cars. And indeed they can drive with a speed that they probably never will be able to run with.
If you want a stable situation for a daw, in my opinion it is better to divide the extra needed resources over multiple systems, rather then to push a single system (over/to) it 's limits.
Overclocking can also (but not must) have unpredicted consequences on the overall performance if not implemented wisely.

kind regards,
R.
In most other scenario’s, and if you do not need the extra headroom, try to avoid it. You’re system will be gracefull to you by working longer.