Dsp fx UR 824 and Cubase 7.5 - PROBLEM

HI
I bought a few months ago (Steinberg ultimate recording) Cubase 7.5 and Steinberg UR824. I have a problem with dsp fx mixer and Cubase 7.5.Kada I get into Cubase 7.5 does not see DSP mixer fx Ur 824, it freezes??? Says:
"can not use the USB port, it is being used by another application.Da you have a solution for this problem???

Thanks

Hi Elmirh

If you are running (as you are)Cubase 7.5 you do not (and cannot)use the dsp software. ALL the features are accessible from within Cubase itself mostly (in fact all I think) on the mixer page. It takes a bit of time to get into but it’s worth it, it works well.

Best Regards

Dave

Working midi and VST plugins.
I can not work with audio channels, I can not hear your audio microphone input.
Only when I turn on the direct minitoring?? Where to adjust??

Kind regards,

Hi THere

Do you have “direct monitoring” enabled in the Device setup, that would be the first thing, aside from that it is worth spending quite a bit of time learning how it integrates with C7.5, it really isn’t “out of the box” stuff. another thought, on the mixer page do you have the Cue Sends showing, they are not shown by default and are OFF by default too I think. Without those you won’t get a mix to whatever you specify as the cue mix output

Best Regards

Dave

Thank you Dave.
So this is not a problem, and it is normal.
So, each time the audio recording is necessary to include direct monitoring,
and study the new Cubase 7.5

Hi Elnirh

Yes I would say Direct monitoring should remain on, the only reason to have it off is if you wanted to insert say Guitar Rig (or any other effect) on one of the input inserts, then of course one has to live with whatever the ASIO latency is. and DO spend a bit of time with the manual if you can(and indeed on these forums)one can pick up all sorts of shortcuts tips etc.

Best Regards

Dave