Why Does Cubase Ruin My Creativity Every Time?

I see that you’re running 7.5 on 8.1 and everything seems to be in order. So I gotta ask: did you at any point have any visual issues with mixer console?

Once I’ve upgraded to 7.5 from 7, my main “sporadic cpu spikes” issue seems to have been addressed. Well, I wasn’t really able to fully verify that as at this point I chose not to start any new projects due to a newly discovered issue I have with mixer console. Every time I toggle between Project Window and Mixer console, Cubase resets width of individual mixer channels to default size. Might not be a big deal to some, but it is extremely annoying to me. And realizing that I never had any visual glitches in C7 makes it even worse.

I did try all the suggested fixes that I could find on this forum and few others, but without any luck so far. I’m looking forward to 7.5.20. Hopefully update will fix it. However I won’t hold my breath as I didn’t see anything specific in the list of fixes of the upcoming update.

Yep.
They where here many years ago, when things where even worse ( SX1 ).
At that time, there where many other ‘demanding’ users still around and raising their voice, though.

Guess what …
They have all gone …
( well a few, like me, are still here. But most have realized, that Steinberg is simply not able
to deliver … )
:neutral_face:

So what’s left is what we see here.
At least, these folks keep Steinberg afloat … which is good …
and bad at the same time.

Jan

What a thread! What a thread! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
{‘-’}

Very well said! However I’ll upgrade because no one else delivers better…at the moment…

I miss many of them because they knew the program in depth, and contributed in a positive way. Okay you had to tolerate the quirkiness and political rantings of a few, but they thoroughly knew this program. Some have been chased off or banned by moderators. Others I think just settled in with a prior version and decided it’s not worth the effort to post on this forum. A select few are still here and I appreciate that.

Anyone remember BAS who wrote an alternate Cubase manual that was very helpful?

I stayed at VST32 for quite a while because of the lost integration with Wavelab when CubaseSX was released. I finally caved in at SX3…but will always miss the Wavelab integration in Cubase with prior versions.

Today I would guess many… maybe most users here, don’t even know what I’m talking about. :frowning:

Yep, here we are again.

I still cannot fathom why on Bruno’s ashes someone would persist in a situation where life is such utter misery. You cannot work in it, the “workflow” is in the way, colors that cause temporary blindness, sound comparable to hearing aids, crashes, blue screens, etc. A bit exaggerated, but all the same, other people do not have the same issues, and cannot vouch for your experience. They can only speak for themselves and their experience.

I’ve said it before and I will continue saying it… Life is too short to waste on problems like these. Switch to something that works for you instead. It’s the right and the sane thing to do. It is the thing to do in such cases. If the software is still good enough to work through the bad taste, then surely it cannot be that bad?

Composing is supposed to be something you enjoy. Which brand or model is used to make that a reality, surely is irrelevant? I wouldn’t think less of Pink Floyd and “Money” if I found out that the samples were recorded using a 4-bit sample device for toddlers. It would still be the same great song.

If you are worrying about Nike versus Reebok, you are off course. It doesn’t matter in a hundred years, so why should it matter now? Nobody really gives a flying frack about one brand or another, it’s just something that has been imprinted and made into a nasty habit.

E.g. Once I looked into a CD/DVD burner from Sony, which was somewhere around $90, only to find out that (at the time) it was a Lite-On unit (the model one that particular unit only differed on the Sony with an S at the end) that they themselves sold for around $30. Sony didn’t actually make any CD or DVD units, at all.

The same thing goes for screens (TV’s and monitors). There are only a handful of manufacturers, but a ton of brands, and more often than not, I see the brands (that are not making any) being more expensive, yet more popular, and often then ones argued about in the media. LOL, it’s idiocrazy out there. It’s time to leave the asylum! :wink:

Vote with your money!

Today, in our day and age, it’s a the one vote you possess, that goes directly to the heart of the matter.

Correct.
That’s the reason, I’m still with Cubase.

For my daily work, I choose the tool that works best.
Sadly, over the years, there have been heavy ‘fluctuations’ in it’s usability.
While SX1 is the all time hero when it comes to workslow,
V7 / 7,5 makes my daily work a lot harder, again.

The gap between Cubase and the competition shrinks …

Jan

Nope, just a happy cubase user with a few mild complaints. But way to bring the rhetoric right into the gutter bro.

A simple response to all the seemingly miserable people… If you don’t like 7.5, no one is making you use it. I believe 6.5 is still as usable as it always was. If the bugs in 7.5 are just too much for you to handle, and you don’t want to make the switch to a different DAW, just don’t upgrade until it’s “usable” for you. It’s just that simple. If that day never comes with an iteration of 7, you don’t HAVE to buy it.

Actually… most of us do. And have been using the software for just as long if not longer.

Personally the only major issue I have had with 7.5 is related to the video engine. I upgraded from 6.5 directly to 7.5 so I can’t speak as to 7. I almost always try to give it some time on a major release before jumping in to avoid any major issues. As for the mixer channels resetting, I don’t experience that issue currently, and am sorry to hear it’s happening for you. Other than the video engine not working properly for me, the rest of the bugs I can work around pretty easily. And quite a few bugs I see other users listing I don’t experience at all, so maybe it’s a machine specific issue? Hard to say, but I hope it’s addressed. The only thing making me step back to 6.5 currently is when I have to score a video project. Otherwise I work pretty steady and without any major issue in 7.5.

Hi bjones,
What’s wrong with the video engine?

Which continues to beg the question… Why are you here exactly? And how would you expect people to react when there is an issue? Shout it from the rooftops in the general forum? Or maybe, just maybe, report it in the bug related forum in a civilized manor in hopes of getting a timely result? And what about the many that are working fine in 7.5 and only see minor bugs that need fixing? It’s a bad thing they want to purchase the software and are enjoying it? And keeping SB afloat is a bad thing how?

Rather than drag it up here, your welcome to read the post about it. It seems specific to my machine though and I am in the middle of working through it with SB directly.

Just my opinion: Why I (and some) complain :

We rely on the process of production more than the song. There was a time when only great songs was written… but not anymore… Lets face it, (sometimes) we all work with bands and vocalist that is below par. But they all want to sound polished and produced. Sometimes we get bad songs and we have to produce them to an expectable quality. For this to work, I need tools. Nothing to do with creativity. Its all about productivity. I have to run a studio profitable. We all agree that a song is never finished, the budget is only exhausted! Great tools allow me to spend more time on the song, instead of the tool.

If Cubase ruin your creativity, EVERY TIME, please go out and bang some sticks and stones.

And if you win the quest for fire, please send some smoke signals to the Steinberg HQ :wink:

Hi,

great to read that Bach also complaint about the early pianos. It is still interresting about WHAT he complained and … even more: Nothing kept him from writing for this Instrument.

So I am convinced that my Intention is still supported: Real creative flow cannot be stopped by Tools with minor flaws.

Cheers, Ernst

Someone hasn’t taken their meds today… :neutral_face:

Or ever…

@greggybud,

You wrote: “but will always miss the Wavelab integration in Cubase with prior versions.”
Is’nt WaveLab integrated in C7? IIRC, there is an option in the Export dialogue to open the exported file in WaveLab whilst Cubase is still open, or am I off the planet :wink:?

Mauri.

So the complaining muppets come out to play. Don’t blame your personal lack of motivation on software - that’s pathetic.

Stop moaning and write some bloody music.

Someone lock this thread please?

Well, you’re doing some moaning here yourself. Why bother, this is not your personal domain.

“Someone lock this thread please?” pfffft!

My post didn’t require your pointless response to begin with but just a note for next time :slight_smile:

Oops the thread has lost it. The boys with nothing to say have arrived. Could get ugly. Or pretty funny as the smarm brigade claim they have been insulted.