7.5.20 Impressions...

+1, though I was not a big “Hater” of the “old new” control room.

The knob and sliders are nice - but to me the biggest improvement is the button groupings.
Now like functions are grouped together and much easier to pick out at a glance - both to click (though I use the MCU mostly) and to see current states.

Good work!

Hugh

That’s worrying - does anyone else have this?

Also someone referred to fixing a EuCon bug… what EuCon bug? I finally have everything working great here in 7.5.1!

All working correctly here. MC Control, Mix, Transport. I don’t know what Eucon “bug” he is talking about either.

All is ok: instruments and folder mute behavior, Audio Warp grid (whoo, 4 monts hard awaited!), and is rock solid stable work. Good work, Steinberg! :slight_smile:

Only one thing spoiled the holiday feeling: after installing 7.5.20 Cubase crashes, threw out an error ‘StackHash_1dc2’. :confused: The problem was solved by removing the file videoengine.dll from the ‘components’ folder.

I’m using it on Mac…

PC here

All good here no issues :smiley:

The very first thing i noticed on the update is it never spiked the ASIO meter opening my project and the second is the control room , i must say it looks a lot better and being able to have the Loudness meter and control room open together is brilliant :wink:

I have noticed asio is using less. All good in the hood here.

Yes, what he said. I was just getting used to the new look of Cubase having come from Nuendo 5.5. I have become newly accustomed to where the click track stuff is ‘hidden’. Now I don’t see it at all.

Is it there…or are we playing the clever game of “Where’s Clicko”?

D

The Media Bay is finally lockable to always on top, sweet !!!
Thank you Steinberg !!

Everything rock solid here so far…

Hazy

I’m also able to drag files from the Media Bay into Kontakt 5 and Battery 4, is this a new behaviour ? Maybe I missed it before but it ROCKS !!!

I’m havin fun :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The bug was “crash on exit” if you are using EuCon. It seems to be fixed now, but it never was “official”.

really…? :smiley:
I´m not at my studio to check it right now, please, it´s possible to drag/drop events (wav´s) from Arrange to Kontakt sampler now?
(big FR since years!)

no problem, Maxim. :wink:
have fun with Reaper! :slight_smile:
(it lacks in so many ways, because Reaper has rudimentary midi functions and looks ugly, please see: menu´s, plugin dialog boxes, etc. etc.) note: replaceable GUI pics are not everything (!) :wink:

BTW: Cubase has a modern GUI and it looks great, Audio and MIDI capabilities are very comfortable, and the Midi area are undefeated in comparison to other competitors like Reaper, Studio One, Pro Tools e.g.

:slight_smile:

OT: Nice Reaper customization, Max, looks professional and clear.

For now, no problem with 7.5.20.

I really want the clic volume back … that was the thing I used the most on the control room panel :frowning:
Everything else is great so far but please bring back the clic volume!

@Max: with this, the mix is not better. :laughing:
I rely on my ears only (!) - pretty overstyled and exaggerated tiny pictures are not helpful in this area…
:mrgreen:
:wink:

I prefer this mixer GUI:

because much more can be displayed and the GUI is customizable - looks great.

:slight_smile:

Nevermind!! If you want those controls back, just click on the “Main” with the line underneath and the sliders will appear :smiley:

That’s funny. Mix is better when you feel comfortable with your tools and doing your work quickly as it flows.