7.5.20 Impressions...

Yes, what he said. I was just getting used to the new look of Cubase having come from Nuendo 5.5. I have become newly accustomed to where the click track stuff is ‘hidden’. Now I don’t see it at all.

Is it there…or are we playing the clever game of “Where’s Clicko”?

D

The Media Bay is finally lockable to always on top, sweet !!!
Thank you Steinberg !!

Everything rock solid here so far…

Hazy

I’m also able to drag files from the Media Bay into Kontakt 5 and Battery 4, is this a new behaviour ? Maybe I missed it before but it ROCKS !!!

I’m havin fun :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The bug was “crash on exit” if you are using EuCon. It seems to be fixed now, but it never was “official”.

really…? :smiley:
I´m not at my studio to check it right now, please, it´s possible to drag/drop events (wav´s) from Arrange to Kontakt sampler now?
(big FR since years!)

no problem, Maxim. :wink:
have fun with Reaper! :slight_smile:
(it lacks in so many ways, because Reaper has rudimentary midi functions and looks ugly, please see: menu´s, plugin dialog boxes, etc. etc.) note: replaceable GUI pics are not everything (!) :wink:

BTW: Cubase has a modern GUI and it looks great, Audio and MIDI capabilities are very comfortable, and the Midi area are undefeated in comparison to other competitors like Reaper, Studio One, Pro Tools e.g.

:slight_smile:

OT: Nice Reaper customization, Max, looks professional and clear.

For now, no problem with 7.5.20.

I really want the clic volume back … that was the thing I used the most on the control room panel :frowning:
Everything else is great so far but please bring back the clic volume!

@Max: with this, the mix is not better. :laughing:
I rely on my ears only (!) - pretty overstyled and exaggerated tiny pictures are not helpful in this area…
:mrgreen:
:wink:

I prefer this mixer GUI:

because much more can be displayed and the GUI is customizable - looks great.

:slight_smile:

Nevermind!! If you want those controls back, just click on the “Main” with the line underneath and the sliders will appear :smiley:

That’s funny. Mix is better when you feel comfortable with your tools and doing your work quickly as it flows.

yes, you´re right. :wink:
I´m using 3 flat screen´s - and I feel very comfortable with Cubendo´s new Mix Console. that´s it. :sunglasses:
I have worked many years with pro tools, S1 and logic.

But back to the topic.

Works with Hub unchecked here.

To get the click back:

On the Control Room Meter, click Control Room. Bottom left, hover over the button , just above “A” - Activate Metronome Click apears. Click. Done

Hmm getting some crashes with 3rd party plugs here that wash´t there before (7.5.1)…Slate VTM newest beta and Plogue Bidule VST are acting up at moment…Wonder what changed :question:

+1 - Maxim, can you please give me name of that Reaper skin?

Here we go again. Useless “eye candy improvements”, but no real bug fixes like the USB controller issue on Windows or the messed up plug-in search function. I want features that work and if they don’t I am expecting to have them fixed within no time.

** Edited by moderator

yes… but this concerns only Reaper´s Mixer GUI (!) :wink:
everything else looks like Office or Windows ´95:
see the menu´s and plugin configuration window, sends routing menu, preferences, etc. etc.
In these areas Reaper is very very ugly. You have to admit.
:wink:

I don’t know, yet :wink: . I am on the lookout for a dedicated mixing environment, more to my liking than the new mixer in Cubase. Just thought that Reaper mixer looked promising. Sorry :blush:

Wait, can you explain this? What did they change?

Beat Designer is one of the reasons I keep coming back to Cubase after flirting with other DAWs.

Don’t tell me they’ve broken it…