Why Does Cubase Rune My Creativity Every Time?

So I feel like doing some music for the first time in a couple of weeks, boot up Cubase and it has decided to scan EVERY SINGLE NOTE again. :smiling_imp:
I have a lot of notes.
I am still weighting music heavily towards having more and more of them … but Cubase converts every one of them into tiny, little runes … like zeroes and ones, at the atomic level, inside a silicon chip!

And before anyone mentions time changes, it is irrelevant, it happens with every time signature I have used, 7/8, 9/8, 5/4 … all of them … because Steinberg have had years to connect the time sigs.

This is a common thing with Cubase, my random, pointless notes happening at inconvenient times from my skill, or lack thereof, to make music.

In Life, I can get started faster and get ideas down much faster on paper, but the mixing/sound is not as good, so I prefer Cuabse overall, because it is so frustrating when my brain freezes, yes … I get virtual cortex blue screens (Yes in 2014! Miles did an album about it … Kind Of Blue) which generally throws a spanner in my cranial works.

Steinberg are so completely the obvious solution to fix simple issues of my, otherwise, analog workflow (drawing flyspecks on notation paper).

I always say “Sort simple things out before adding more bells and whistles”. Like doing the guitar overdubs before adding the tubular bells and penny-whistles.

But I know this will happen, as they are neither negligent, nor purposely making there (they’re, their) product half finished so that everyone buys the next update in the hope they will be fixated on some new feature set.

I am in the process of going through all my Cubase projects and bouncing all over the studio all happy and gleeful, and when I am done, I am going to smell Cubase, the way I used to open vinyl albums and whiff in the flower essence, like perfume.

My notes have finally finished scanning, rant over…

Spooference

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Finally. The calm voice of insanity.

:smiley:

Thanks for upflag there , Swamptone . In return I would like to warn everyone about Foreigncar .
I had been driving Foreigncars for years when I took mine to the local Foreigncar Dealers for a service . They borrowed ( learned , lent ) me a newer model for the day but it was FLOWER . The seat was so far back I couldn’t even reach the break ( brake ? ) pedal so it crashed driving out of the four(fore)court .
Then , when I reversed back it crashed again because all the mirrors were USELESS , they just showed sky or the interior of the Foreigncar .
I am going to tell everyone to avoid all Foreigncars now . :imp:

ROTFLMAO!!!
{‘-’}

Well done Sir.

Copycat! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes.
Quite true; but also very well done.
{‘-’}

:laughing:

:laughing: sarcasm at best, isn’t it(does not it ?)

Great :laughing:

Where did i lay my meds? I need them fast :slight_smile:

If you’re running low on bits, you can have my bucket. It’s full of them.