7.5.20 Impressions...

Here we go again. Useless “eye candy improvements”, but no real bug fixes like the USB controller issue on Windows or the messed up plug-in search function. I want features that work and if they don’t I am expecting to have them fixed within no time.

** Edited by moderator

yes… but this concerns only Reaper´s Mixer GUI (!) :wink:
everything else looks like Office or Windows ´95:
see the menu´s and plugin configuration window, sends routing menu, preferences, etc. etc.
In these areas Reaper is very very ugly. You have to admit.
:wink:

I don’t know, yet :wink: . I am on the lookout for a dedicated mixing environment, more to my liking than the new mixer in Cubase. Just thought that Reaper mixer looked promising. Sorry :blush:

Wait, can you explain this? What did they change?

Beat Designer is one of the reasons I keep coming back to Cubase after flirting with other DAWs.

Don’t tell me they’ve broken it…

Sorry about the OT but how did you get that nice dark color? could you share the settings?

I am on mac 10.9.2;

Cubase still crashes for me when i open the Hub.
So Hub is still unusable for several updates now.
Again, have to remove the hubservice.bundle within Cubase.

Typical Cubase-mac bug which is still not solved ; bummer. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I updated Eucon to 3.1.2 and now it works! :slight_smile:

@ samicide: it´s a screenshot of Nuendo 6.01, I seem to remember that.

R-11333 MixConsole: The solo button now works on external instruments as expected.

No. It doesn’t. After 3 updates, after reporting the bug on the forums and directly to SB support, after support recreated the bug and after waiting for 6 months for a fix…

Unbelievable. Just… beyond belief.

Lol it figures! Thanks for responding.

The control room meters/control room view is ugly as ####.

Wow. This looks very good !

I agree. Steinberg if you would copy this many would be very happy.

I agree. It looks like a…mixer :wink:

Blooming marvellous update - Cubase is handling everything I’m throwing at it so far - working on a big project and not had one glitch /drop-out yet…Lovely days - many thanks Steinberg

Good stuff, thank you. Will install in the morning I think. Sonik - if 7.5.2 resets some preferences, it didn’t just uncheck EuCon in Control Surfaces, did it?

Good to hear those ASIO reports. I’ve had some bonkers performance meter stuff with Play 4 sometimes, then it just goes away. In general VE Pro is always a more solid host than Cubase, so all performance improvements appreciated.

Always on top still dont work for plugins in second monitor.

Yes, a really nice update. I love the new control room, which now is much more clean and smooth to look at. And I always prefer knobs instead of the old control room sliders.

just updated… looks nice overall (didnt play with it that much yet.its 3:00 AM here!)

just 1 thing bothers me, i had at my last cubase project Asio buffer set at 1024, i updated to 7.5.2 and down the buffer to 128 and it feels like the latency with transport actions and plugin adjustments too high as in 1024 buffer setting !!

(didn’t play the keyboard with VSTI to check latency yet or any audio input)

anyway ill check it tomorow again after restarting the computer…

as anybody else noticed that or its just the latency with my Brain at 3:00 Am ? :unamused:

How are you working? Do you mean plug-ins being hidden behind the full screen mix console? Or is your mix console simply maximized? Is your mixer set to AOT? I’m assuming your plugins are set to AOT.

See why with Steinberg giving the user so many options this gets confusing quickly?

AOT will work for plugins in any monitor as long as you keep everything in the Cubase “shell” and you have stretched that “shell” over all your monitors.

1. Don’t have AOT turned on for mixers1-3. (you can tell the difference because the mixer corners are slightly sharper with AOT turned on)
  2. Don’t use mixers 1-3 in full screen mode.
  3. Don’t windows maximize the mixer

It works. I have been stretching Cubase over all 4 monitors since the days of CubaseSX with an expensive video card.