7.5.20 Impressions...

How are you working? Do you mean plug-ins being hidden behind the full screen mix console? Or is your mix console simply maximized? Is your mixer set to AOT? I’m assuming your plugins are set to AOT.

See why with Steinberg giving the user so many options this gets confusing quickly?

AOT will work for plugins in any monitor as long as you keep everything in the Cubase “shell” and you have stretched that “shell” over all your monitors.

1. Don’t have AOT turned on for mixers1-3. (you can tell the difference because the mixer corners are slightly sharper with AOT turned on)
  2. Don’t use mixers 1-3 in full screen mode.
  3. Don’t windows maximize the mixer

It works. I have been stretching Cubase over all 4 monitors since the days of CubaseSX with an expensive video card.

Did have a rough start with 7.5.20.

Opened up a 7.5 project, and was greeted with the message “There is a backup project newer than…” . So, I let it open the newer backup, and rename the other to xxx-01. And then got a message along the lines “This project cannot be opened because it was created with Cubase 1.x”.

Paraphrasing the messages, but you get the idea. When I opened up the renamed project, I got the same error message.

I was able to open up an even older bak project.

Great install…running smoothly here. Now my right click on a track header opens a dialogue immediately. Really happy about that.

Regarding the new mixer bashers. I am 100% in support this new mixer in C7. Working great for me.

I think the designers have done a super job as well!

Well done guys!

I updated EuCon to 3.1.2 and now it works good, and without the annoying crash when closing Cubase! :slight_smile:

Oh well …
Yep, it works.
It works great, if You have projects with 2 or 3 tracks.
Or if You use 50" 4k TVs as displays.
And if you prefer ‘less information’ and ‘more empty space’.
( Then the current Info Line and the new mixer is for you, too )

For normal daily work this workaround is worse than ‘quadruple’ clicking
or moving the plugin GUIs to the main screen.

Jan

This is not about “bashing”, “thinking” or “liking”.
It is out of question, that the designers have done a bad job.
The new Mixer is simply not good !

• Taking more space for the same information.
  • Hidden information all over the place.
  • Completely missing information, that was there before and is still needed.
  • Not ‘point and click’, anymore ! Instead You need a ‘master’ in ‘mouse gestures’.
    E.g.: to see a send level for several adjacent tracks,
    you need to make certain mouse gestures and then wait …
    If nothing happens, try again …
  • Bad contrast and readability.
  • Everything has the same shape / looks the same.
    ( unintuitive, steeper learning curve, error prone )
  • Gain changes up to +/-2db are not visible.
  • Everything can be sized, but settings can not be stored/recalled, globally
  • there’s more …

Nothing above, is about taste.
It just shows, that the current Mixer is not “well done”.
It brings Cubase’ workslow to new heights !
:sunglasses:

But yes, it still can be used to mix a song …

On Toppic :
The Control Room Mixer can show more info, now. Good. It now remembers it’s visual settings. Good
Still not as good as it was before, though.
Sadly nothing more, for me …
Looks like they want me to pay the ‘major fee’, again.
:neutral_face:

Jan

Not for me! Cubase still crashes while closing! :confused: I’ve trashed the Cubase prefs, and also the EuControl .cfg file… etc.

I’ll have to spend more time investigating, but first impressions for me seem rather disappointing! :confused:

EuControl = 3.1.2
AVID Artist Series: Control, Mix and Transport!

Al

Hi,

I use EUcon with McMix and McControl. NO changes in behaviour so far.

This means: Track visibility in the Cubase mixer is STILL NOT reflected on the Avid/Euphonix Hardware :frowning:

Ernst

It still works but before it was already horrible in terms of AOT/Window capabilities. Now, It is Locked to the top of my screen and I can’t use it unless I have the other window Not maximized!
At least before we were able to move it around… unbelievable

This is a horrible halfazzed approach on Steinaha’s part to rectify this issue which has plagued us for years now…

I’m not sure I understand. Why is stretching the Cubase window, or what I call the “shell” over 4 monitors okay with projects with 2 or 3 tracks, but not 100 tracks? I have 4 21 inch monitors. In my set up 2 monitors have the mix console in full screen so really I only stretch Cubase over the other 2 monitors.

For the past 15 months the biggest roadblock for me has been lack of key commands to set focus on full screen mix consoles. Using KC’s on a keyboard, plus my Icon mix console, I don’t have to mess with the mouse much.

Happy that Mutes are now working as expected!

Full day use without any issues here :slight_smile:

Working well. My best mixes are when I Mute all tracks :smiley:

I work with just one screen. After update, if I maximize MixConsole window, main meter becomes shorts, with empty space below…
I have to minimize window to have back the normal size of meter.
Then I close end reopen MixConsole et voilà… again wrong size meter.

Tips?
I tried to delete preferences folder with no success.

Spent some time with 7.5.20 last night. No issues at all to report, install was painless - ASIO utilisation is much improved - no spiking and also running more efficiently.

Hello,

It is still there, you have to click on the arrow right under “Main” it will enlarge the main section and you will be able to see click volume control, Listen, Talk Dim, Listen Dim etc…

Best regards,
GN

with regard to mixconsole, one of my main gripes in everyday work is (and i am surprised it hasn’t been mentioned here)-- is how often i get a ‘open preset’ dialog instead of a plugin’s GUI when trying to open up an insert with a left click (or is there some trick to avoid this happening?) the amount of time wasted this way is ridicilous.

as far as mutes/solos are concerned, there is a new bug, i may report it in a separate thread. it concerns ctrl+left-click-ing the ‘solo’ button on a muted track. normally, this would mute the remaining tracks and solo the target track. this is now broken (in a certain context, will explain in separate thread).

Ah ok - I never had a crash on exit for this computer (pretty new) but the old one with identical settings did.

However, I did lie on everything working correctly over EuCon - the CC automation over EuCon merging with regular merging hasn’t been working for some time. Will resurrect a thread on that.

(here is the thread - grateful for contributions / confirmations / workarounds - Steinberg Forums )

It’s about the added empty space ( the project page caption, scroll bars )
and less information ( at least one additional track is visible, with the project window maximized ).

I need to see as many tracks as possible. With a clear view of the waveform.
( And I already have too much reflective space in front of me,
so bigger displays are no solution … )

Anyway, Your workaround may help some people and Steinberg is recoding the window management
as we speak. So in a few years, plugin AOT on 2nd screen will work as expected.
:sunglasses:

Jan

+1…

That’s an Automap problem that’s been around for years , if you uncheck the Vst3plugins in your Automap server then it works as expected