7.5.20 Impressions...

Working well. My best mixes are when I Mute all tracks :smiley:

I work with just one screen. After update, if I maximize MixConsole window, main meter becomes shorts, with empty space below…
I have to minimize window to have back the normal size of meter.
Then I close end reopen MixConsole et voilà… again wrong size meter.

Tips?
I tried to delete preferences folder with no success.

Spent some time with 7.5.20 last night. No issues at all to report, install was painless - ASIO utilisation is much improved - no spiking and also running more efficiently.

Hello,

It is still there, you have to click on the arrow right under “Main” it will enlarge the main section and you will be able to see click volume control, Listen, Talk Dim, Listen Dim etc…

Best regards,
GN

with regard to mixconsole, one of my main gripes in everyday work is (and i am surprised it hasn’t been mentioned here)-- is how often i get a ‘open preset’ dialog instead of a plugin’s GUI when trying to open up an insert with a left click (or is there some trick to avoid this happening?) the amount of time wasted this way is ridicilous.

as far as mutes/solos are concerned, there is a new bug, i may report it in a separate thread. it concerns ctrl+left-click-ing the ‘solo’ button on a muted track. normally, this would mute the remaining tracks and solo the target track. this is now broken (in a certain context, will explain in separate thread).

Ah ok - I never had a crash on exit for this computer (pretty new) but the old one with identical settings did.

However, I did lie on everything working correctly over EuCon - the CC automation over EuCon merging with regular merging hasn’t been working for some time. Will resurrect a thread on that.

(here is the thread - grateful for contributions / confirmations / workarounds - Steinberg Forums )

It’s about the added empty space ( the project page caption, scroll bars )
and less information ( at least one additional track is visible, with the project window maximized ).

I need to see as many tracks as possible. With a clear view of the waveform.
( And I already have too much reflective space in front of me,
so bigger displays are no solution … )

Anyway, Your workaround may help some people and Steinberg is recoding the window management
as we speak. So in a few years, plugin AOT on 2nd screen will work as expected.
:sunglasses:

Jan

+1…

That’s an Automap problem that’s been around for years , if you uncheck the Vst3plugins in your Automap server then it works as expected

Does not work when it is included in the example Full Screen Monitor 2. It would be good if it worked. Looks nicer.

Thanks! It’s always automap. :slight_smile:
Anyway, I found and posted a solution here:

Yes, and I believe they know about it.
Plug-ins vanish behind the full screen mix console regardless of how many monitors you have. The only solution I know of is don’t work with mix console at full screen. Instead just make the mix console as large as you can (without windows maximizing) and turn off AOT for the mix console. It won’t look quite as nice and as Da da said you will lose a track of screen space.

The other way is to use a key command to turn on/off the full screen mix console so you can see the plug-in that is being hidden by the full screen mix console.

It would be nice to work Full Screnn Mode. Otherwise, what is it for you if you can not use …

It seems ok however I experienced my first crash ever with cubase after installing and working on a previously created project, seemed ok the rest of the session but I did have a couple instances where it completely froze my computer for about 30 seconds and the session was not huge nor is my computer under powered. The point is I have never seen that before.

I also still have cpu spikes from 60% immediately to clipping thru out out the session even though I froze any tracks using cpu. This only showed up when I moved to 7. Guess I have some digging still to do.

is possibile print score pdf under osx? external instruments could be saved as a preset? instrument rack is back on the slim version? thanks

yes, not working in the full screen monitor 1 or 2 … just working in the normal mode :slight_smile: it would be nice if the steinberg include this fix in the next update !

Yeah, I’m attempting to solve all my 3rd party plugin issues once and for all. New computer just for DAW, fresh Cubase install. Testing each plugin, one by one. If it crashes during install, use, during scanning, during plugin window updating or on close of Cubase, that it, it’s gone. I will do zero troubleshooting on it. Cutting my losses and moving on.

So far, I did find one rotten apple in the bunch. Loved that plugin, too. :cry:

@Jalcide - out of curiousity, which plugin was that ?

I don’t have C7, but should be loading it up in the next week or two. So please forgive this ignorant question re: problems w/ “full screen” mixer …

Why wouldn’t hitting F3 to close the mixer and expose the VST/plug-in windows for editing be an effective and simple solution to the “hiding” problems described above? Then when finished in the VST/plug-in windows, hit F3 again to get the mixer up?

Thanks, I’m just doing what I can by reading the C7 forums to hit the ground running as much as possible when I load up the C7 I’ve purchased.

Jalcide
That’s exactly what i done last year , no other programs on my comp apart from Steinberg Cubase and Wavelab, Halion 5 , automap , UAD and a few very good plugin’s and i have ZERO issues with loading and saving . Best move you’ll make :wink: