Pan Law

Post questions and find answers on our latest WaveLab releases here.

Pan Law

Postby Rat » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 am

Hi there ...

I am making some changes to the sound card in the computer ... an RME. This card allows selection of different pan laws.

I would like to ensure that the pan law selected in the card matches the pan law in WL ... for perfect use of ASIO Direct Monitoring.

I think, from the WL manual, that this is set at 3dB by default in WL. This appears to be confirmed by the 'effects' section (which is also changeable).

Am I correct in thinking that unless I change the pan law in 'effects' it is 3dB in WL
Regards,
Paul Blakey
12th & Vine Post

Intel i7 860 at 2.8GHz, 4 GB platinum memory RAM, ASUS P7855D E-Evo, Windows 7 Professional, 3X SATA internal (Seagate/Raptor) and 2X firewire HD, 2X external DVD drives: Plextor/Pioneer, RME HDSPe AIO, Mytek converters

WaveLab 8.5 current release, iLok, Waves, DMG (Dave Gamble), Sony Oxford, Weiss, Class A Solid State and Custom Stuff
Rat

Re: Pan Law

Postby PG » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:01 am

Correct.
Philippe
PG

Re: Pan Law

Postby Rat » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:32 am

Thank you!
Regards,
Paul Blakey
12th & Vine Post

Intel i7 860 at 2.8GHz, 4 GB platinum memory RAM, ASUS P7855D E-Evo, Windows 7 Professional, 3X SATA internal (Seagate/Raptor) and 2X firewire HD, 2X external DVD drives: Plextor/Pioneer, RME HDSPe AIO, Mytek converters

WaveLab 8.5 current release, iLok, Waves, DMG (Dave Gamble), Sony Oxford, Weiss, Class A Solid State and Custom Stuff
Rat

Return to WaveLab 8 | WaveLab Elements 8