7.5.20 Impressions...

Go for it , This 3770k i bought 2 weeks before the 4770k was available so it’s still pretty new and with no new software apart from cubase updates being installed ( of course i have the spare cloned ssd for the fail save ) it’s as you say a monster , mean and lean and lean is just the way you need to keep it if you want a stable DAW :wink:
Even Automap is nearly perfect :wink:

Great update, no more Vsti dropouts, and now I can have a buffersize of 128 in my audio-interface without pops and CLICKs.

Thanks for the info Guillermo,

I’ll have to sell Cubase then.

So far mixing and remixing with 7.5 feels as solid as 6.5 but way faster…

Thanks for all the improvements including reset EQ in the edit channel window :smiley:

My Cubase dont now crash while loading projects. Thank you Steinberg for update.

I´m impressed with this update. ASIO guard is much better and audiowarping is much improved.

Thanks Steinberg!

I was so excited about the new update and I went to test in my friend in studio… :smiley:

Melodyne works better but still crash cubase when removed from the insert slot…I’ve tried with Asio Guard Enabled and latency from 32 to 2048… always same, this is a very important application, I don’t think there is some professional user without Melodyne on their weapons. For me is a big part of my job for voices arranging and effects on guitar tracks. I don’t care about GUI problems I can survive with these issue of course, but the space waste is more more more than before… very hard to use on Macbook. I don’t know who designed the Interface but is not a musician of course :laughing:
I’ve noticed also the Vst connection External FX cannot be saved since Cubase 4, it’s so hard to do it?
New Control Room looks good but Mono/Stereo doesn’t work why? I cannot ear the mono.
Instrument Rack is toooooooo big c’mon make it slim like before by user choice.

In this moment Cubase 7.5.20 is not compatible with my workflow… I will stay on C6.5 for a loooooong time… when cubase will “work as expected”.

Im on Mac probably everything works better on PC…

The best cubase/update ever!!! My computer feels faster… Midi timing is tighter… :open_mouth: Hitpoints work as expected… Audiowarp works as expected… My color scheme looks insane… My mixer does not open wide no more(f3)… No more pop/crackle ASIO crap… and yet, more still to discover. Just my impression at the moment.

Great Job!

PS. If we can get polyphonic material with VariAudio and Multiple tracks using AudioWarp (ala Pro…T) in CB8. I’m straight.

Great update, ASIO way smoother, super stable…and thank god those f%^&* mute bugs were fixed.

Confirmed, I thought it was just me…

Also I’m getting a little more lag in terms of video. Zooming, scrolling etc…
Doesn’t affect the audio

:nerd:

This is the best update ever ! Thanks steinberg

So basically, what we paid for over 1 year ago is now usable! Yay to that :slight_smile:

no forgetting the paid downgrades. you also paid for the engineers to go into the code and disable edit mode for scoring to picture in cubase.

After someone enabled it :wink:

+1

I think, a bug is found.

1. Import any mp3 file into (empty) project.
  2. Divide it by scissors in any place.
  3. Delete any of the divided part. One part will remain.
  4. Open the pool and select “Minimize File” on imported file, then do not save project, press “Later” button (but if you’ll press “Save Now” button you’ll got the same result).
  5. Then in the project window try to open the sample editor by doubleclickin’ this remained part - Cubase will crash.

Can anyone confirm this?

Generally I’m very happy with the update. I was a little disappointed to see that with the revamping of the control room, they still forgot (once again) to include the AI control coding for many of the controls - i.e. there are still a number of controls which do not respond to the AI knob!
Regarding the AOT, they need to add a AMOT (‘aways more on top’ or AOOT ‘over the top’) :laughing: But seriously, they could perhaps use an organizational layering technique so that one can specify what is truly “on top”. I trust however that this will become a mute point once they properly redo the windowing system architecture (originally planned for 7 but now I believe scheduled for 8) so I don’t anticipate anything before the next major version.

I have both Reaper and Cubase 7.5.20,
Cubase is work of art. Reaper is functional but requires a lot of custom UI config to look decent.

For Cubase – besides being very user friendly (except the H/W rack for UR44) , it is a beautiful UI. I record using dual 24" monitors on windows but I mix on a 27" iMac where it is an amazing visual experience.

Many thanks to Steinberg for this update!

P.S. - Get rid of the dongle - it’s not laptop friendly

Great, then it’s not just me. Plus my friend has the same thing on his setup, after update.

I haven’t noticed any GUI lag though, feels exactly same as earlier version.

what is the source of this bit of info btw?