7.5.20 Impressions...

This is the best update ever ! Thanks steinberg

So basically, what we paid for over 1 year ago is now usable! Yay to that :slight_smile:

no forgetting the paid downgrades. you also paid for the engineers to go into the code and disable edit mode for scoring to picture in cubase.

After someone enabled it :wink:

+1

I think, a bug is found.

1. Import any mp3 file into (empty) project.
  2. Divide it by scissors in any place.
  3. Delete any of the divided part. One part will remain.
  4. Open the pool and select “Minimize File” on imported file, then do not save project, press “Later” button (but if you’ll press “Save Now” button you’ll got the same result).
  5. Then in the project window try to open the sample editor by doubleclickin’ this remained part - Cubase will crash.

Can anyone confirm this?

Generally I’m very happy with the update. I was a little disappointed to see that with the revamping of the control room, they still forgot (once again) to include the AI control coding for many of the controls - i.e. there are still a number of controls which do not respond to the AI knob!
Regarding the AOT, they need to add a AMOT (‘aways more on top’ or AOOT ‘over the top’) :laughing: But seriously, they could perhaps use an organizational layering technique so that one can specify what is truly “on top”. I trust however that this will become a mute point once they properly redo the windowing system architecture (originally planned for 7 but now I believe scheduled for 8) so I don’t anticipate anything before the next major version.

I have both Reaper and Cubase 7.5.20,
Cubase is work of art. Reaper is functional but requires a lot of custom UI config to look decent.

For Cubase – besides being very user friendly (except the H/W rack for UR44) , it is a beautiful UI. I record using dual 24" monitors on windows but I mix on a 27" iMac where it is an amazing visual experience.

Many thanks to Steinberg for this update!

P.S. - Get rid of the dongle - it’s not laptop friendly

Great, then it’s not just me. Plus my friend has the same thing on his setup, after update.

I haven’t noticed any GUI lag though, feels exactly same as earlier version.

what is the source of this bit of info btw?

No, I tried to do it with no bad result. Everything is gone well.

Where? I divided the mp3 by scissor, keeping just one part. When I’m in the pool and choose “Minimize file”, Cubase does it and stop.

Where? I divided the mp3 by scissor, keeping just one part. When I’m in the pool and choose “Minimize file”, Cubase does it and stop.

After minimizing it does always for me:

Cubase 7.5.20 , Win7 x64

Btw, Cubase 7 doesn’t have this crash issue for me.

it works has i expected many months ago! which is nice because now seems pretty stable but not nice since i shouldn’t had to wait so long for this, so please Steiny don’t do this again.

dee

I have both Reaper and Cubase 7.5.20,
Cubase is work of art. Reaper is functional but requires a lot of custom UI config to look decent.

All I had to do with Reaper was download the White Tie Imperial Theme.

http://www.houseofwhitetie.com/reaper/imperial/wt_imperial.html

Check it out if you haven’t already, (It has been available for quite some time now)
It looks absolutely amazing! Professional, Functional, Solid.
Worth a look if you haven’t seen it. The swiping of controls to enable
track arm, mute, solo etc. on multiple tracks is also very fast and works perfectly.

11 hours constant today and not a quiver .Absolutely rock solid and i will stick my neck on the line here and say that that was the perfect session :wink:

Love it Steinberg ,in 27 years this is the most stable Cubase ive ever used :wink:

That’s strange. I have no such a warning. Are you tried to change files? When importing mp3, did you choose “copy file in working directory” (or something like this)?

lordadb, Thanks for trying to help me! :wink:

Yes, I tried change properties “copy file in working directory”, result is the same crash. But something is start clearing up after a few hours of the hard searching. When the option “automatic hitpoint detection” is turned OFF - Cubase works without this crash! But, I find strange that you do not have “You should save the project now!” alert, because it must be. :confused: You just can open the Operation Manual PDF for Cubase 7.5, and there on page 390 (The Pool) you will see this:

This implies, that this “You should save the project now!” alert is must be there, but nothing is happened in your case after minimizing. Strange behavior, is bug-like.

I’ve been working hard with 7.5 for around 4 months without any issues or crashes. It’s rock solid :smiley:

Cubase is totally stable and a joy to work with on my MacBook Pro.
Awesome!
Regards,
Paul

AFAIK the edit mode is a Nuendo feature. If you want that feature I think you should have a Nuendo licence.

Be nice to have it in Cubase though.