One little feature question regarding 7.5.20

On the contrary. A business that does this will go bust pretty soon. MOST businesses spend lots of money on market research before the product goes into the design phase. It’s easy; design a product that lives up to the customers expectations and they will buy it; design one that don’t and they won’t.

This is where Steinberg, unfortunately, falls short. It’s far more work to change the brand of DAW, than the band of pots & pans or car that you use. Despite this, I am sure that Steinbergs neglect of their customers criticisms will impact on their sales, if already has (I don’t have access to their corporate sales figures).

I may sound overly critical to some, but rest assured. I consider Cubase the best DAW out there (which I’m sorry I can’t say about WLE, which a very good example of the mess that is an inevitable result of ignoring your customers).

Cubase is a good product. If they would listen to their customers and get some of the messed up features (VariAudio, Expression Maps, VST Connect, etc.) to work correctly in the real world. It would be an astonishing product.

Except when Steinbergs designers design it, I guess. :wink: