What is going on with Cubase 7?

General discussions on songwriting, mixing, music business and other music related topics.

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby Lydiot » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:29 pm

SteveInChicago wrote:
MrSmith wrote:
Cubase has design flaws and 'missing features', therefore, the software ought to be 'recalled'. We're in agreeance.

No, actually. Recalls are for safety issues.


That's probably why they used these: ""

The point appears to be taking responsibility for a product that is sold advertising something it doesn't live up to, particularly if getting that corrected requires spending more money.
Please PM for conversation.
User avatar
Lydiot
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1449
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:27 am
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby Graham_Simmonds » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:56 pm

What an absolutely useless unhelpful thread this is!

Please can all those who feel so aggreived by Cubase please migrate to Bitwig where I am certain they will find the true horror of Version 1 software! And leave the rest of us with our mature, stable product that so many of you claim is "broken".
Homebuilt I7 3rd Gen 32Gb RAM 3 x SSD 2 x 2Tb HD Win 7 Pro
Graham_Simmonds
Junior Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:54 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby iBM » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Graham_Simmonds wrote:What an absolutely useless unhelpful thread this is!

And yet here you are????
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++
User avatar
iBM
Member
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby claesbjo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:08 pm

6 months ago I started using Cubase 7.5 after many 10+ years with Logic. I did so because I didn´t like the way Logic was heading, towards the consumer/weekend warrior crowd, so I decided between PTHD and Cubase and finally settled for Cubase(Not for financial reasons, just for the functionality). It is a fantastic software and it´s not "broken" by any means. I really feel I got what I paid for, and more. Stable, complex and responsive(compared to Logic anyway).

Sure there are things I consider as flaws, both major and minor ones, but overall, it´s the most usable DAW out there for me as a hybrid hardware/software type of guy
2010 Mac Pro 6-core 3.33 ghz. 24 mb RAM. OSX Mavericks. Cubase 7.5.2, Logic PRO 10.0.6
claesbjo
Member
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:33 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby nonlocal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Buchanan wrote:You can always move to another PERFECT DAW that WORKS. "Have to buy again." HAVE TO? Really?

The playground seems littered with rather a lot of noisy prams and abandoned dummies at the moment. :lol:


You are not mentioning the fact that soon after the newest version is released, no more improvements are made to the older version, so any major issues remain forever unresolved.

Therefore, the only way to have any chance of resolution is to upgrade and hope that this time Steinberg will do it right.
If you have invested many years learning to use a DAW, it is not simple to just drop it and use a completely different one.

The reason people are upset is that they are either feeling conned, or simply frustrated at Steinberg's seeming ineptitude, that I am starting to believe is through intent, not accident.

It seems quite clear that Steinberg will NEVER fix all the issues as they have the notion that they would lose money if they did so.

It's similar in concept to the idea of planned obsolescence in manufacturing.
I would guess this is what they teach in business schools these days, quality of the product is irrelevant, it's all about the bottom line.

Same way soap opera script writers keep you coming back by using tricks and techniques, Steinberg have been stringing us along with "Almost there...." software for years.
nonlocal
Junior Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:09 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby sycophant » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:38 pm

nonlocal wrote:
Buchanan wrote:You can always move to another PERFECT DAW that WORKS. "Have to buy again." HAVE TO? Really?

The playground seems littered with rather a lot of noisy prams and abandoned dummies at the moment. :lol:


You are not mentioning the fact that soon after the newest version is released, no more improvements are made to the older version, so any major issues remain forever unresolved.


I think I already asked, what issues/problems (if any) exist with 7.07, that effect general workflow and/or stability of the application.
User avatar
sycophant
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby silhouette » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:42 am

nonlocal wrote:The reason people are upset is that they are either feeling conned, or simply frustrated at Steinberg's seeming ineptitude, that I am starting to believe is through intent, not accident.

It seems quite clear that Steinberg will NEVER fix all the issues as they have the notion that they would lose money if they did so.

It's similar in concept to the idea of planned obsolescence in manufacturing.
I would guess this is what they teach in business schools these days, quality of the product is irrelevant, it's all about the bottom line.

Same way soap opera script writers keep you coming back by using tricks and techniques, Steinberg have been stringing us along with "Almost there...." software for years.


Firstly, those that shout the loudest are heard more. This does not mean that "people are upset" only that some people are and in all probability not that many. There is a case to be made that many users who have big problems do so because of system issues that are outside Steinberg's control. Quite a number of the issues revolve around complex problems that more often than not misunderstood. The mixer always on top being one.

Secondly, why would Steinberg lose money if they "fixed all the issues"? They would just go ahead and develop more functionality. Then we would, as usual, purchase the next upgrade. I have yet to have any issue with Cubase 7 that has stopped me making or recording my musical ideas. I might have had a minor irritation - many of them my own fault or that of a third party plugin. I had some bad experiences with C6 which I am now convinced was my previous computer. As a teacher I am used to students blaming the equipment the use when confronted with a problem they don't understand or cannot solve. The fact that not everyone has these issues might suggest something.

Thirdly, obsolescence is a fact of life with electronic technology. Computers have to be replaced eventually when they can no longer cope with evolution. Software like Cubase evolves. Sure you have to pay for the next version - but not the full price or anything like it. In case you haven't noticed there is quite a lot of competition in the DAW market. I don't notice anyone of those other products that can offer me more than Cubase. The issue being that if I have to learn how to use another DAW it better be worth my while to move. Currently it isn't. I guess you might be one of those people who believe that music should be free. I hope I am wrong. Steinberg like all musicians deserve recompense for the efforts they make on our behalf. Yes they want to make money and whilst they are giving me what I want I am quite happy to pay.

As for stringing us along....... Are we that stupid? Are you that stupid? If you don't like Cubase there is probably something else out there that might suit you better.

I don't think Cubase/Steinberg is perfect and I sure as hell know that I'm not either. I am pretty sure that a lot of my music probably sucks. However it has to be said that I have had some ecstatic moments using Cubase, both on my own and with other musicians. I am continuing to learn and I hope improve. That is all that I can ask.
Intel i7 64bit - 3.4 x 6 - 12 gig RAM - Windows 7 - RME Fireface UC - UAD Solo + Duo - Komplete 8 - All uhe - S-Gear/Revalver 3.5/Amplitude3 - Alchemy
User avatar
silhouette
Member
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby iBM » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:17 am

claesbjo wrote:6 months ago I started using Cubase 7.5 after many 10+ years with Logic. I did so because I didn´t like the way Logic was heading, towards the consumer/weekend warrior crowd, so I decided between PTHD and Cubase and finally settled for Cubase(Not for financial reasons, just for the functionality). It is a fantastic software and it´s not "broken" by any means. I really feel I got what I paid for, and more. Stable, complex and responsive(compared to Logic anyway).

Sure there are things I consider as flaws, both major and minor ones, but overall, it´s the most usable DAW out there for me as a hybrid hardware/software type of guy

If you have only used Cubase for 6 months how do you know that Steinberg has not broken, removed or otherwise changed functions and functionality no long time user have ever asked for?

Have you used the Control Room in Cubase 6.5? How does that compare to the new Control Room in Cubase 7.5?
How does the mixer Focus System works? When having to click to get it in focus for Key commands to work? Worked fine in C6.5.
How do you know when, and in what way, long time users are feeling about a more clumsy workflow in the new version compare to the older ones?

There are other examples, but you get it? Don't you.
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++
User avatar
iBM
Member
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby sycophant » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:34 am

claesbjo wrote:6 months ago I started using Cubase 7.5 after many 10+ years with Logic. I did so because I didn´t like the way Logic was heading, towards the consumer/weekend warrior crowd, so I decided between PTHD and Cubase and finally settled for Cubase(Not for financial reasons, just for the functionality). It is a fantastic software and it´s not "broken" by any means. I really feel I got what I paid for, and more. Stable, complex and responsive(compared to Logic anyway).

Sure there are things I consider as flaws, both major and minor ones, but overall, it´s the most usable DAW out there for me as a hybrid hardware/software type of guy


iBM wrote:How do you know when, and in what way, long time users are feeling about a more clumsy workflow in the new version compare to the older ones?


Professionals are known to stay with the previous version for reasons of longevity and stability, in terms of their individual workflow requirements and investments in current hardware.

Unless there was some compelling feature, a genuine professional would not upgrade their DAW without first testing on their current hardware.

By the time the 7.5 product cycle is complete, all usability bugs and limitations in the software will have been addressed.

As a long time user myself, I know that Steinberg never leave a previous version broken before proceeding to the next version.
User avatar
sycophant
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby jluca » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:10 am

[/quote]
As a long time user myself, I know that Steinberg never leave a previous version broken before proceeding to the next version.[/quote]

sorry to reply this but what u wrote is not true... Cubase 6.5.5 have some bugs never fixed like variaudio, pdf print closed under 64bit mode, (same issue on cubase 7) and others but I can survive with. I love to use cubase score and I cannot print the scores in 64bit mode under osx, i've to restart cubase in 32bit for printing :D . Crash on quit, etc, so cubase 6.5 is not longer supported, Cubase 7.0.7 hava huge quantity of bugs never issued and actually is not supported anymore...(cubase 7.5 correct in the last 2 updates almost 120bugs, they are still there in Cubase 7). Yes as a professional I'm using 6.5 because is fast and solid more than other new version, I can't risk my job during the beta testing period, some people is happy of course probably their workflow is more efficient than mine, but my workflow is amazing under 6.5 not on 7.5.20, same exact workflow with same plugs, this should let steinberg programmers think about. I love the new features, I was very close to switch.....steinberg is far from 100%, Cubase 7.5.20 is around 70% imho.
jluca
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby iBM » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:30 pm

sycophant wrote:Professionals are known to stay with the previous version for reasons of longevity and stability, in terms of their individual workflow requirements and investments in current hardware.

Unless there was some compelling feature, a genuine professional would not upgrade their DAW without first testing on their current hardware.

That's why I still work with Cubase 6.5 and Nuendo 5.5 in my commercial studio with clients. That's why I have set up three test systems with Cubase 7.5 and Nuendo 6, both on Windows 7 and Windows 8.
I do this because I am a genuine professional :mrgreen:

Shall we move on? Shall we?

I have tested this major cycle, C7/7.5 and N6 since their release, so I'm not exactly unfamiliar with them.
I also use PT and Studio One, but that's for another forum.

PS. Read my signature for an answer to what DAW a genuine professional uses, and what he has for testing.
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++
User avatar
iBM
Member
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby iBM » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:35 pm

jluca wrote:Yes as a professional I'm using 6.5 because is fast and solid more than other new version, I can't risk my job during the beta testing period, some people is happy of course probably their workflow is more efficient than mine, but my workflow is amazing under 6.5 not on 7.5.20, same exact workflow with same plugs, this should let steinberg programmers think about. I love the new features, I was very close to switch.....steinberg is far from 100%, Cubase 7.5.20 is around 70% imho.

+1
About at the same place I am.
Many great new features, but other core functions have become a bit more clumsy (Control Room and parts of the Mix Console).

Of corse I like the new Track Visibility (been in PT and Studio One for years).
Of corse I like the new Track Versions (been in PT and Studio One for years).
Of corse I like the new Tab To Transient (been in PT and Studio One for years).
TSR - Now a division under The Tower Studio Suite - Run by my uncles nephew

Win7/Win8 x64 | Intel i5 2500/3570K | 16 GB RAM | MOTU PCIe-424 w/ 24io x 2 / 2408 / 308
Cubase 6.5/7.5 - Nuendo 5.5 | CC121 | Slate Digital | Softube | Sonnox | SoundToys |
Eventide | Exponential Audio | Boz' Digital Lab | +++
Dynaudio BM15A | Focusrite ISA430 | Universal Audio LA-610SE/2-610/8110 |
TLAudio 5052/C1/PA-1 | TC Electronics R4000/M3000/M-One/D-Two | +++
User avatar
iBM
Member
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:49 am
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby sycophant » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:19 pm

iBM wrote:
jluca wrote:Yes as a professional I'm using 6.5 because is fast and solid more than other new version, I can't risk my job during the beta testing period, some people is happy of course probably their workflow is more efficient than mine, but my workflow is amazing under 6.5 not on 7.5.20, same exact workflow with same plugs, this should let steinberg programmers think about. I love the new features, I was very close to switch.....steinberg is far from 100%, Cubase 7.5.20 is around 70% imho.

+1
About at the same place I am.
Many great new features, but other core functions have become a bit more clumsy (Control Room and parts of the Mix Console).

Of corse I like the new Track Visibility (been in PT and Studio One for years).
Of corse I like the new Track Versions (been in PT and Studio One for years).
Of corse I like the new Tab To Transient (been in PT and Studio One for years).


Of course then, it goes without saying that as "professionals" we will have to wait until the product cycle ends before Cubase 7 can meet our needs indefinately.

It is a known fact that SB always release at least one update post new product cycle that fixes outstanding problems which are causing the general userbase issues and I'm sure that Cubase 7.5 will be no different.
User avatar
sycophant
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby Buchanan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:55 pm

iBM wrote:
jluca wrote:Yes as a professional I'm using 6.5 because is fast and solid more than other new version, I can't risk my job during the beta testing period, some people is happy of course probably their workflow is more efficient than mine, but my workflow is amazing under 6.5 not on 7.5.20, same exact workflow with same plugs, this should let steinberg programmers think about. I love the new features, I was very close to switch.....steinberg is far from 100%, Cubase 7.5.20 is around 70% imho.

+1
About at the same place I am.
Many great new features, but other core functions have become a bit more clumsy (Control Room and parts of the Mix Console).

Of corse I like the new Track Visibility (been in PT and Studio One for years).
Of corse I like the new Track Versions (been in PT and Studio One for years).
Of corse I like the new Tab To Transient (been in PT and Studio One for years).


That makes perfect sense to me. :D If you need absolute stability one should not be working with the latest version / update even. NOTHING about new versions of software of any sort is reliable, be it music, graphics or even DTP software. If one works with what is reliable you don't end up with clients upset or have crashes on deadlines. I would say that it takes about three to six months to properly evaluate any given new Cubase version. And this is from a very enthusiastic Cubase user. Bets testing? EVERTHING is a "beta" test for at least that long. There's no such thing as "finished".
Everyone wants perfect software. But nobody's perfect.
Buchanan
Member
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:15 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 37 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby jluca » Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:48 am

I think this post will be deleted soon, steinberg don't like people or posts talkin' about beta testing, some of my friends was banned for that reason. I can imagine how much stressed Helge is because he put the face on this forum. As I can see Marketing side did a good jab to earn money before the final release, some people here accept to pay Cubase before the final and they are happy, that's really creasy for me, maybe I'm too old? I never payed software or anything else before the beta testing period, even the software than I use for work.These are the facts. Cubase 7 was released december 2013 if I remember well. Some people, my friend too, payed 200€ for the upgrade from 6.5 because they promised all the bugs fixing remained was solved. Cubase 7.0 was the most buggy version ever, counting approx 1000 bug fixing until 7.5. C7 was released before the beta testing, was alpha. Then marketing continued to speak about new features, and I was sooooo excited to have it. I've waited and tested 7.5.10 until my decision to buy the upgrade. I don't like these kinda tricks. This is a message for marketing, next time please just ask money in advance for the new release and be honest to cubase users, probably they will pay your salary before the work will done, I know these are hard days, crisis etc etc. We may help you, 250€ are not too much for us, this message is not ironic, I'm serious. Probably I will buy C7 next year after C8.1 will be released, I hope another year of developing will raise 100% or 95% is ok too on Cubase 7. Otherways I'm here to offer my time as a beta tester, I'm not expensive, promise :-)

Germany rule.....
jluca
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby sycophant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:47 am

jluca wrote:Germany rule.....


They do and is the reason why Japan is involved as well.

You bought Cubase 7 and now own 7.5.

Is your regret that you didn't skip a version or that you were involved in helping to improve a product that you will be able to use for a year or more to come, withstanding a new version?
User avatar
sycophant
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby jluca » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:23 am

you didn't read my posts synco I don't own cubase 7 even 7,5 for the reasons above.... I've saved 250€ for now, just tested from friend's licence for few weeks because the demos was not available for almost 1 year....I was choosing to switch on Cubase or Logic, but for the moment and my workflow setup I will stay on C6.5 it's more stable, I would like to use C7.5 but as already explained is not compatible with my workflow just designed under C6.5, I don't want use other plugs than I've payed for work just that. I know Germans Rules, I love german software and tech, almost of my hardware is made in germany like RME, Elysia, Ferrofish, Neumann, Native Instruments, and so far. I think you get my opinion personally, sorry for that, or maybe you work for Steinberg? ;-)
jluca
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby sycophant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:29 am

No I don't work for SB, just an avid user of the software.

Nothing can be personal in a forum and good for you that 6.5 is working well but does anyone really believe that 7.5 will not become as stable (if not more) than the earlier version?

Cubase 7 is designed for systems that use UEFI BIOS and by definition are more secure (read stable) due to integration with with GPT so it's only a matter of time in my "opinion".
User avatar
sycophant
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby jluca » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:55 am

Sorry again for my question... Cubase 7 is designed for what? Im a musician not tech expert. Even that I don't see any mentions about bios or gpt on the manual...just compatible with mac pro etc. When I speak about workflow is about what mixer setting is used, routing and plugs like Melodyne, actually I can't use it if you remove the instance Cubase crash, but is not a Steinberg plug so they don't care about, like other 3rd party plugs. I don't know why these works great under C6.5 but it's ok for me.
I'm sure is only a matter of time, is always that, I was smiling thinking my job in studio and same philosophy " hey man don't push me with this mix I will finish one day don't worry" ahahahhahahaha.
jluca
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby sycophant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:11 am

The application itself is fully stable, no problems with audio so long as the drivers support MMCSS, WASAPI and ASIO 2.2.

I am not a musician nor an engineer but a composer and I have no trouble at all.

Steinberg write the plugin specifications, it's for 3rd party manufacturers to implement them. There's no point complaining about plugins, just as there is no reason for non product owners to attempt to kick up some kind of fuss when there appears to be little intention of getting on board other than fleeting remarks about Steinberg.

By the same token, those who have purchased the product might have a bit more leeway to complain even if they aren't currently using the software but on the whole I think it can be judged that most users are happy with the program.
User avatar
sycophant
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby silhouette » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:04 am

jluca wrote:Sorry again for my question... Cubase 7 is designed for what? Im a musician not tech expert. Even that I don't see any mentions about bios or gpt on the manual...just compatible with mac pro etc. When I speak about workflow is about what mixer setting is used, routing and plugs like Melodyne, actually I can't use it if you remove the instance Cubase crash, but is not a Steinberg plug so they don't care about, like other 3rd party plugs. I don't know why these works great under C6.5 but it's ok for me.
I'm sure is only a matter of time, is always that, I was smiling thinking my job in studio and same philosophy " hey man don't push me with this mix I will finish one day don't worry" ahahahhahahaha.


It is difficult to take seriously the criticisms of someone who does not use, or even own the software in question.

Ironically I had a lot of problems with C6.5. It was always crashing and there were so many conflicts with plugins that it drove me mad. That has all gone with Cubase 7.5. It is the most stable version that I have used.

Yes there are issues with the mixer - however once you have got to grips with the Always On Top things are fine. You need to use it to work out your relationship to it. I refer you to my post above.

Perhaps you might take the trouble to explain what you mean in the highlighted section of your quote. I am assuming English as a foreign language is the reason for your slightly impenetrable prose.
Intel i7 64bit - 3.4 x 6 - 12 gig RAM - Windows 7 - RME Fireface UC - UAD Solo + Duo - Komplete 8 - All uhe - S-Gear/Revalver 3.5/Amplitude3 - Alchemy
User avatar
silhouette
Member
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby sycophant » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 am

Often we hear that "crash on exit" is somehow a bug, when it is obvious the "bug" in question is a faulty plugin.

Genuine feedback from users tells us there is a lack of key commands for the mixer and some difficulties with using the Control Room but as the software is still in development; these aspects likely only effect a small percentage of users and will be ironed out in due course.
Last edited by sycophant on Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
sycophant
Member
 
Posts: 559
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:50 am
Has thanked: 61 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby jluca » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:21 am

Maybe I can't speak about C7 because I don't own personally yes. I've used usb licence from friend sorry. My workflow under C6.5 is very complex, I Use melodyne for the vocal and choir tuning, so I need 5 or 6 melodyne instance. A lot of instruments loaded like NI Komplete Ultimate 9, Addictive stuff, BFD3, Play Libraries, all hue plugs, Alchemy, Sylent bridged because not in 64bit version yet, all PSP Plugs, Izotope ozone5, Tracks stuff, all in 64bit mode all original software registered, 3 sometimes 4 rack compressor on External Hardware routed troght RME Fireface UFX.

Reading your signature: Cubase in 32bit mode or 64bit with bridged plugs, under Windows 8.
My experience is on Mac not PC so, Melodyne crash Cubase 7 this is not my opinion, BFD3 too, sometimes C7 crash on quit. Just these things takes me out of the game :-), yes C7 is stable on mac even before if you use only some kind of plugs you are right, but I'm not ready to trash the money spent.
jluca
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby jluca » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:40 am

I will not speak about C7 anymore, sorry sorry sorry.
jluca
Junior Member
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:46 am
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: What is going on with Cubase 7?

Postby folkfreak » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:08 pm

sycophant wrote:
As a long time user myself, I know that Steinberg never leave a previous version broken before proceeding to the next version.


...looooool
folkfreak
Member
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 6 times

PreviousNext

Return to Steinberg Lounge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests