7.5.20 Impressions...

I have both Reaper and Cubase 7.5.20,
Cubase is work of art. Reaper is functional but requires a lot of custom UI config to look decent.

All I had to do with Reaper was download the White Tie Imperial Theme.

http://www.houseofwhitetie.com/reaper/imperial/wt_imperial.html

Check it out if you haven’t already, (It has been available for quite some time now)
It looks absolutely amazing! Professional, Functional, Solid.
Worth a look if you haven’t seen it. The swiping of controls to enable
track arm, mute, solo etc. on multiple tracks is also very fast and works perfectly.

11 hours constant today and not a quiver .Absolutely rock solid and i will stick my neck on the line here and say that that was the perfect session :wink:

Love it Steinberg ,in 27 years this is the most stable Cubase ive ever used :wink:

That’s strange. I have no such a warning. Are you tried to change files? When importing mp3, did you choose “copy file in working directory” (or something like this)?

lordadb, Thanks for trying to help me! :wink:

Yes, I tried change properties “copy file in working directory”, result is the same crash. But something is start clearing up after a few hours of the hard searching. When the option “automatic hitpoint detection” is turned OFF - Cubase works without this crash! But, I find strange that you do not have “You should save the project now!” alert, because it must be. :confused: You just can open the Operation Manual PDF for Cubase 7.5, and there on page 390 (The Pool) you will see this:

This implies, that this “You should save the project now!” alert is must be there, but nothing is happened in your case after minimizing. Strange behavior, is bug-like.

I’ve been working hard with 7.5 for around 4 months without any issues or crashes. It’s rock solid :smiley:

Cubase is totally stable and a joy to work with on my MacBook Pro.
Awesome!
Regards,
Paul

AFAIK the edit mode is a Nuendo feature. If you want that feature I think you should have a Nuendo licence.

Be nice to have it in Cubase though.

Working absolutely fine here too. Thanks for the update guys.

What about your project settings? Sample rate?
Maybe, working at 48 KHz as I did, Cubase converts the files (pop window asks me if I want to do it and I flag yes, so already there’s a new version of original file). Now, I’ll try to work at 44.1 KHz…

EDIT: Nothing happens, no alert for me and my file get minimized with no issue. Maybe, again, because anyway Cubase converts mp3 to wav during import, so it isn’t “original file”. I don’t know.

K, As I stated earlier I am getting Video/display Lagging when I zoom in. The audio is not affected but the video stutters.

Now, I am also having issues w/ Track versions. Either I haven’t grasped the way to handle it or there is a bug.

Every time a make a track version Multiple instruments get copied.

So if I just want my bass line to have a copy it seems to be copying every added track version and adding a new instrument…

I’m going to research further but this is kicking my mass right now…lol

Other than that…loving the update.

:nerd:

So far it’s been stable for me. I definitely enjoy the change to the control room UI (still wish it were the pre v7 CR) as I don’t have to constantly click tabs and pause to search for functions. I do wish they hadn’t broken the “save selected channels” in the mixer for instrument tracks again though; it really makes for mixing an album a royal PITA. anyway, so far, so good(mostly).

I notice that my mixconsole (cubase in generally) doesn’t look good with color shades, but it’s flat, everything is blue/gray. I saw other screen around the web with beautiful shades on mixconsole. I don’t remeber if 7.5.10 looks so, anyway I’m curious to know why…
Win 7 64 bit, ATI Radeon HD 4850. Any idea?

Just realized, This isn’t a glitch!!

The lines are there so when you drag something across you can see a straight line.
Once you drag to another track the lines disappear so imo, I think it’s a visual tool to help in keeping stuff easier to move around

:nerd:

One man’s bug is another man’s feature :wink: It doesn’t pay to cry wolf for some people as the masterminds will soon put you right :wink:

Exactly, It was great using the edit mode with 7.5.0, so why did they take it away? I hope they give it back with 7.5.30.

Not sure what you mean here. You can modify any window to any size you wish. Yes, there are some things that still work better in 6.5 (less troublesome to access and modify sends, inserts, etc), but v7 is leaps and bounds more customizable in terms of appearance and setting up information you need on screen.

Im on Mac probably everything works better on PC…

Read through more threads (checking signatures) and you’ll see the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side of that fence…

Because that was a reverse engineered hack, of a feature exclusive to Nuendo.
And you don’t have to be a genius to grasp that Cubase and Nuendo share a great amount of the same code.

Thanks for the tip!

This is weird - some people seem to be reporting INCREASED latency after installing the update.

There may be a subtlety working here.

I have seen a very slight increase in the average “VST Performance” meter (green bar) but now the real-time value (red bar) is not randomly hitting the top (for no obvious reason) and causing an overload indication on the virtual LED at the top of the meter.

I can easily get the average VST Performance back down again by increasing the buffer size in the ASIO driver (thereby increasing latency). There is no point, in my set-up, since the average VST Performance is still less than 20% on the meter and the random real-time peaking that used to occur has now stopped (or at least significantly reduced). In fact, I can now reduce the buffer size (and therefore the latency) without the average performance going above 25%. Others though may have had their average VST performance nudged “over the edge” and so have to increase the buffer size (and therefore latency) to compensate.

This might go some way to account for some of us reporting less latency and other more.