UR22 and USB Microphone

Hello - new to Cubase.

I have a MiniNova audio outs into UR22 XLR In and can record the audio of this to a track in CB

I have a Yeti USB Microphone - how do I specify the Yeti Microphone on another Audio track?

Can I specify UR22 on one audio track and Yeti USB microphone on another Audio Track?

Can’t find anything in the manual about specify inputs on different tracks.

Thanks in advance
Michael

What are you using mac or Windows? Add a signature with the basics of your setup please.

What you want is in principle not possible because you’re using an ASIO driver, this driver doesn’t allow 2 or more soundcards to be active. The USB mic can/must be seen as a (2nd) soundcard!
For Windows you could try ASIO4ALL, for mac maybe agregated devices.

I’m not a mac user so if others could fill in at this point would be nice.

Menoj - thank you

Would like some easier way to switch between the inputs to different audio tracks. Otherwise I can see myself recording to file in one app and then having to open in cubase.

I am on Windows 7, 32GB ram, CUbase AI, Ur22 - total Newbie to all this.

You should be able to switch from the UR22 to the USB mic back and forth, so open device setup from the menu and switch sounddevice (UR22 and the USB mic are soundcards) make the recording and switch back again.

My advice would be to trade the usb mic in for a normal mic with xlr connection and use the UR22 solely for recording.

Menoj

Trying to combine UR22C and USB microphone in Cubase 11 Artist on Windows 10.

In Cubase 11 Artist, in lack of a better option I want to use a USB microphone (Razor Siden Mini).

This being Windows 10 it seems I have to enable monitoring of the microphone in order to send the signals to UR22C I’m using. Without monitoring in Windows there are no audio signals in Cubase. However it cannot be audibly muted withing Cubase because the signal origins external to the application. Hardly optimal working with audio or music.

I’ve tried to configure the USB mic as a Audio connection, but I is not listed as an audio source. There are probably some logic to this, I just don’t have the know-how to fix it.

How can I use the microphone more like a normal input in Cubase?

I use the free to download software OBS Studio to use a Blue Raspberry usb microphone in Cubase Pro 11, works fine with a little setting up, but quite easy to do.
Plenty tutorials on YT to help you along if needed.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I had the same question with the same blue yeti model and the solution was connecting a mini jack to jack cable. Jack in the input1 and connecting the mini jack to headphone on the blue yeti. It worked… Some usb mics have that not explained feature…

1 Like

This sounds like a much more convenient way to achieve this. Certainly going to give this method a try.

Thanks for that.