What is going on with Cubase 7?

I think this post will be deleted soon, steinberg don’t like people or posts talkin’ about beta testing, some of my friends was banned for that reason. I can imagine how much stressed Helge is because he put the face on this forum. As I can see Marketing side did a good jab to earn money before the final release, some people here accept to pay Cubase before the final and they are happy, that’s really creasy for me, maybe I’m too old? I never payed software or anything else before the beta testing period, even the software than I use for work.These are the facts. Cubase 7 was released december 2013 if I remember well. Some people, my friend too, payed 200€ for the upgrade from 6.5 because they promised all the bugs fixing remained was solved. Cubase 7.0 was the most buggy version ever, counting approx 1000 bug fixing until 7.5. C7 was released before the beta testing, was alpha. Then marketing continued to speak about new features, and I was sooooo excited to have it. I’ve waited and tested 7.5.10 until my decision to buy the upgrade. I don’t like these kinda tricks. This is a message for marketing, next time please just ask money in advance for the new release and be honest to cubase users, probably they will pay your salary before the work will done, I know these are hard days, crisis etc etc. We may help you, 250€ are not too much for us, this message is not ironic, I’m serious. Probably I will buy C7 next year after C8.1 will be released, I hope another year of developing will raise 100% or 95% is ok too on Cubase 7. Otherways I’m here to offer my time as a beta tester, I’m not expensive, promise :slight_smile:

Germany rule…

They do and is the reason why Japan is involved as well.

You bought Cubase 7 and now own 7.5.

Is your regret that you didn’t skip a version or that you were involved in helping to improve a product that you will be able to use for a year or more to come, withstanding a new version?

you didn’t read my posts synco I don’t own cubase 7 even 7,5 for the reasons above… I’ve saved 250€ for now, just tested from friend’s licence for few weeks because the demos was not available for almost 1 year…I was choosing to switch on Cubase or Logic, but for the moment and my workflow setup I will stay on C6.5 it’s more stable, I would like to use C7.5 but as already explained is not compatible with my workflow just designed under C6.5, I don’t want use other plugs than I’ve payed for work just that. I know Germans Rules, I love german software and tech, almost of my hardware is made in germany like RME, Elysia, Ferrofish, Neumann, Native Instruments, and so far. I think you get my opinion personally, sorry for that, or maybe you work for Steinberg? :wink:

No I don’t work for SB, just an avid user of the software.

Nothing can be personal in a forum and good for you that 6.5 is working well but does anyone really believe that 7.5 will not become as stable (if not more) than the earlier version?

Cubase 7 is designed for systems that use UEFI BIOS and by definition are more secure (read stable) due to integration with with GPT so it’s only a matter of time in my “opinion”.

Sorry again for my question… Cubase 7 is designed for what? Im a musician not tech expert. Even that I don’t see any mentions about bios or gpt on the manual…just compatible with mac pro etc. When I speak about workflow is about what mixer setting is used, routing and plugs like Melodyne, actually I can’t use it if you remove the instance Cubase crash, but is not a Steinberg plug so they don’t care about, like other 3rd party plugs. I don’t know why these works great under C6.5 but it’s ok for me.
I’m sure is only a matter of time, is always that, I was smiling thinking my job in studio and same philosophy " hey man don’t push me with this mix I will finish one day don’t worry" ahahahhahahaha.

The application itself is fully stable, no problems with audio so long as the drivers support MMCSS, WASAPI and ASIO 2.2.

I am not a musician nor an engineer but a composer and I have no trouble at all.

Steinberg write the plugin specifications, it’s for 3rd party manufacturers to implement them. There’s no point complaining about plugins, just as there is no reason for non product owners to attempt to kick up some kind of fuss when there appears to be little intention of getting on board other than fleeting remarks about Steinberg.

By the same token, those who have purchased the product might have a bit more leeway to complain even if they aren’t currently using the software but on the whole I think it can be judged that most users are happy with the program.

It is difficult to take seriously the criticisms of someone who does not use, or even own the software in question.

Ironically I had a lot of problems with C6.5. It was always crashing and there were so many conflicts with plugins that it drove me mad. That has all gone with Cubase 7.5. It is the most stable version that I have used.

Yes there are issues with the mixer - however once you have got to grips with the Always On Top things are fine. You need to use it to work out your relationship to it. I refer you to my post above.

Perhaps you might take the trouble to explain what you mean in the highlighted section of your quote. I am assuming English as a foreign language is the reason for your slightly impenetrable prose.

Often we hear that “crash on exit” is somehow a bug, when it is obvious the “bug” in question is a faulty plugin.

Genuine feedback from users tells us there is a lack of key commands for the mixer and some difficulties with using the Control Room but as the software is still in development; these aspects likely only effect a small percentage of users and will be ironed out in due course.

Maybe I can’t speak about C7 because I don’t own personally yes. I’ve used usb licence from friend sorry. My workflow under C6.5 is very complex, I Use melodyne for the vocal and choir tuning, so I need 5 or 6 melodyne instance. A lot of instruments loaded like NI Komplete Ultimate 9, Addictive stuff, BFD3, Play Libraries, all hue plugs, Alchemy, Sylent bridged because not in 64bit version yet, all PSP Plugs, Izotope ozone5, Tracks stuff, all in 64bit mode all original software registered, 3 sometimes 4 rack compressor on External Hardware routed troght RME Fireface UFX.

Reading your signature: Cubase in 32bit mode or 64bit with bridged plugs, under Windows 8.
My experience is on Mac not PC so, Melodyne crash Cubase 7 this is not my opinion, BFD3 too, sometimes C7 crash on quit. Just these things takes me out of the game :slight_smile:, yes C7 is stable on mac even before if you use only some kind of plugs you are right, but I’m not ready to trash the money spent.

I will not speak about C7 anymore, sorry sorry sorry.

…looooool

The actual quote would be: “Hey man don’t push me with this mix I will finish one day don’t worry” ahahahhahahaha It’s all Cubase’s fault, it’s such a cruddy DAW but I always mix with cr4ppy stuff that don’t work. That’ll be $400… Oh! You’ve gone."

Anyone see the contradiction here…?
What is going on with the Steinberg Cubase 7 users…? More like.
The art of DAW criticism is pretty dead. Deader than a dead thing on a Wednesday. :laughing:

To the lounge :arrow_right:

Where it should have gone 4 pages ago. Ta.

And was that the case with 7.X (lower than 7.5)?

When is that free update coming?

When those who say they have serious “bugs” that have needed fixing for “so long” (and in the WRONG part of the forum) actually give some of their own system details so they have something to go on. :unamused:
It’s a General user forum and if you KNOW none of the users can give any useful input here (because they aren’t programmers) then why post here ? Here you get confirmations and non-confirmations but no real conclusions mostly. I know looking for answers can be VERY frustrating and take some time. Looking in the right place can save you some bother.
You report bugs in the ISSUES forum. Those with “no bugs” (but there must be some) but who try and help because we’re USERS and it’s a user self-help type forum in the GENERAL section, won’t be there unless we do.
It would save a lot of manual chewing. :mrgreen:

• Since Cubase 7 was released on December 5, 2012:
  • The app is released with nonfunctional features.
  • The updates don’t address these problems and stay unresolved for months/years.
  • Users who don’t pay an additional $50 are orphaned from future updates and left with a broken app.
  • In addition to adding some useful features, said update breaks even more features.
  • Users who don’t shell out an additional $250+ will be orphaned from future updates and left with a broken app.

If Steinberg never completely addresses the problems, here are your options as a user:

• a. Accept your incomplete software.
    b. Switch DAWs
    c. Continue paying them $ in the hopes that they will address the issues with future updates.

The reason that this discussion exists is because it’s clear that Steinberg’s attitude is one that leaves the majority of user submitted bug reports and feature-requests ignored.

They’re not pro-actively trying to improve the application. They’re trying to string you along until their next opportunity to get more $ from you.

It’s tolerable at best to the uninitiated, but very frustrating as a long time user; as we’ve seen the pattern in their business practices.

In short, Steinberg should be:

That’s what this discussion is about. I urge any user who is unhappy with these practices to voice their opinion and brainstorm about our recourse as a userbase.

We are not talking about system depended bugs here. We are talking about bugs/poor programming. They are confirmed and categorized by steinberg. Yet after 1.5 years they are still not fixed.

I am voicing an opinion and while it may be at odds with a minority of users, there are other options including using 6.5 on Windows 7, which seems to be the preferred option (besides of course Mac).

I am happy with my money spent because:

a) I do not use key commands

and

b) I have no use for the control room.

If you need either of the above features, it is recommended to update to 7.5 as it is still currently in development and shows no signs of slowing down in terms of bug fixes and feature improvements.

Just read, the Known Issues documents.
What does that tell you? Are they really fixing all things before leaving a version behind?

If they are Known Issues, they are supposed to work better/differently, or just plain work as advertised. Shouldn’t it?

a) I use Key Commands.

b) I have use of the Control Room (albeit I use the C6.5 one - for a reason).

So when I discuss those features, you will not interfere? A promise?