If it was your money?

Hi friends and experts

This thread was a prep for me to get a set up—thanks for that…i’d like to announce i’ve got two items:

1. A Yamaha digital piano for $700…very nice, 88 keys weighted, 14 yamaha sounds, USB output (can i
    plug that into the computer or do i use analogue into the interface and then to computer?)…also, this
    is not just a trigger for cubase, it’s for developing musicianship…like a free form jazz-out eh?

2. A Dell 8700 special edition on sale for $1000…Dell has three that go by this name—mine is the most
    modest (and we are waiting delivery so i can’t say much about it except: 4th generation 4770 Intel i7
    core…24GB RAM…32GB solid state drive…and 2TB hard drive…

I’m a little without knowledge about how the SSD works…for the time being i’m thinking of it as an
extended Cache or Memory serving data and directives to the processor…for instance Window 8.1 will
probably occupy some permanent space there 'cause it’s always in use—am i right?..

And i’ve heard that the SSD simply draws data off the hard drive and offers it to RAM or CPU as needed…
They say that “popular”, often used programs, occupy it…does this mean when i start a project on Cubase
that the computer gets smart fast, leaves the old project on the hard drive and boots up with the
new one ready to work with beloved non-hassles…or is there some manual intervention i have to do
to get this function ???

How much can a 32GB SSD serve up?..how much program can it hold ? …if Windows is, say, 2GB, does that
mean i have 30GB to play with ?

Thanks for your help earlier…i guess i’m getting started as some of you urged…i don’t think i’ve made dumb
purchases with these two ( the computer was agonizing to find )…

Now Monitors baffle me !!!..i’ve got $460 for a pair…looking at the Yamaha 5 inchers…8 inchers if there’s
money left…

Good luck in your work
jb+